Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Matt picked Elena up and carried her to the down stairs room at the grill. Elena rested agaisnt Matts chest with a stream of tears going through his thin shirt. She kicked off her heels as he rushed down those stairs. The stairs were steep down and the atmosphere down there was freezing compared to the party atmosphere up there. Matt struggled to find the lights as had no hands free. 

"Elena I'm going to find the light switch, I think it can only be turned on by the upstairs pannel. Stay here I will be as quick as possible" Matt said slowly resting Elena flat on her back on the hard concrete basment floor.

Elena didn't reply but Matt left anyway as he knew vampires had heightened hearing compared to humans like him. 

Matt rushed up the stairs. He was panicking now, Elena needed to feed, he had to find the light switch fast. With his mind full of thoughts he absent mindley tripped on Elenas high heeled shoes she kicked off on the way up. 

"Ahh oh man" Matt said to himself wipping his forhead from the blood. 

Matt cut his head on the heel of Elenas shoe when he fell but he got up to find the lights. The atmosphere began hotter as he felt the heat of the party people and the sound of laughter and the bass exploding out of those speakers. He let out a chuckle as this party was amazing, look at the people enjoying themselves. He sighed as he turned the switchboards basement light on and went to find the first aid kit he always had in one if his bar tender sheevles. He placed a bandage over his head to help the wound.

"My boss better give me a pay rise" Matt said to himself laughing at some guy vomiting in a trash bag and on the floor. Matt worked at Mystic Grills as a bus boy. Weither he liked it or not he had no choice, he needed the money. 

Matt ran down the steep stairs feeling the coolness creep over his skin. The lights were now on and he could see much clearer. With the Elenas shoes in one hand and a small pocket knife he yelled bellow the stairs to Elena. 

"I'm coming how are you?!" he finshed finally making the last step of the stairs.

"Elena" Matt said observing the room. 

She was know were to be seen. The thing that was definilty seen was blood scattered all around the room and lead to the small boiler room connected to the basement. 

"Elena!" Matt yelled as he dropped her heels in a pool of blood and ran the trail of blood to the boiler room. 

Matt rasied his pocket knife for protection as he entered the small room. He couldnt see Elena. The room was full of boxes and crates, probably for shipping but he needed to find Elena. Then suddenly he heard a noise. 

"Elena I know thats you come out!" he yelled trying to hide the scaredness in his husky voice. 

Suddleny he heard a cry. 

"I am so sorry. I just couldnt help myself..." Elena said slowly walking from behind a crate. 

Matt gasped. There was blood all over her clothes and her face. It trickled down from her fangs onto her sniglet as spoke. 

"Elena, where the hell was this blood from!" he yelled furiously as he started to cry.

"No Matt, please don't cry!" Elena yelled feeling her voice break of how ashmashed she felt. 

"Elena, answer me!" he said not even able to look at her. 

"I..." she began but Matt interupted.