003 | ᴇᴡꜰ ✓

Chapter 3: Triggered Memories
written in hwang hyunjin's pov

After having a late lunch with Ji, I decided to clean up and unpack my things. I also organized my dressing room and office space, immediately falling asleep afterward.

When I woke up, it was already 4:30 in the afternoon. I quickly took a shower to freshen up, making sure to bring some treats for Kkami before leaving my apartment.

Right now, I'm on my way to the vet clinic. I didn't bother driving my car since it's near my place. I also wanted to breathe some fresh air, so I decided to walk instead.

Once I entered the clinic, the first scene that unfolded in front of my eyes was Kkami flirting with a dog, making me gasp in shock.

"Oh my god, Kkami!" I said, laughing as I approach my beloved pet.

"Is this Kongbin?" I asked no one in particular, patting the head of the beagle he was flirting with.

"That's Bella, Sir." Someone suddenly answered.

From what I've read on his lab coat, his name is Taeyong.

"Kongbin's owner picked her up yesterday." He informed, gently smiling at me.

"No wonder Kkami looked for another dog to flirt with." I said, making him chuckle as I went to the reception desk to pay for my pet's check-up and grooming.

Taeyong and I talked for a while, telling me how playful Kkami was for the past few days. He also informed me about what the vet he was assisting said, prescribing medicines for Kkami's health.

After our quick chat, I crouched down in front of my dog, getting ready to leave the clinic as I put a leash around his collar.

"No love life for you, mister." I said, gently pinching his cheeks with both hands.

I then looked at Bella with a warm smile on my face. "Sorry, baby. Kkami's dad is strict." I said, chuckling as I pat her head.

After that, I finally stood up, waving goodbye to Bella before leaving the clinic with Kkami.

"You easily adjusted here, huh? How did you do that? Even breathing seems so hard for me to do here." I said, talking to my dog as if he'll respond.

I then heaved a deep sigh, telling myself to ignore my negative thoughts for a while.

Trying to do so, I calmly hum a song, focusing on my surroundings as I find amusing innovations in this area.

Seven years is indeed a long time, huh? All the shops and restaurants I always go to are nowhere to be seen.

Some got renovated as they change their brand names, while some probably got demolished because new buildings replaced them.

Different couples came past me as I continue to walk around. There were teens, adults, and even seniors. Some were very clingy and intimate, while others look like they had a fight or something.

Although I experienced having girlfriends, the sight right now is too foreign.

Why is that so, you asked?

Well, it's because I haven't been in a serious and genuine relationship yet.

Truth be told, I was a stupid playboy in the past, especially during my high school years.

I would flirt with different girls from time to time, especially those who were trying to hit on me. I would entertain those people just to dump them the next day. What an asshole, right?