010 | ᴇᴡꜰ ✓

Chapter 10: Handcuffed
written in third person's pov

"Please, Younmi. Just sign the contract and let us handle you again. We can raise the offer if you want. Name your price, and I assure you—"

"Are we seriously going to debate about this again? I already said no, Ms. Lee. You can't buy me with money anymore. That might've worked before, but not now. I already learned my lesson, so tell that bastard that I don't have any plans to return to the modeling industry. And if I ever did, I swear to never step foot inside that filthy agency again."

With an annoyed sigh escaping her lips, Younmi ended the call and immediately blocked the number.

"Ugh! Stop bothering me, for fuck's sake!" She whispered under her breath, rolling her eyes as she lightly tossed her phone on the table.

"Yah, Cho Younmi! Customers are waiting outside. Faster!" Upon hearing Changbin's voice, Younmi grabbed an apron and put it on herself, rushing outside the storage room to greet the customers with a smile.

"Welcome to Seolar Café! What would you like to order, Sir?" She asked in a bright and bubbly tone as if she wasn't irritated just a while ago.

"For a minute, Miss." Jisung spoke, fixing his spectacles with one hand as he scanned the menu.

Younmi couldn't help but stare at the man in front of him, silently admiring his features.

"I'll get one strawberry and banana milkshake, please." The customer said, pausing for a few seconds before adding another order.

"And two medium-sized cake pops. The one with many sprinkles."

Younmi smiled, thinking that his choice of drink and dessert was too cute for a charismatic man like him.

"Would that be all, Sir?" She asked, and Jisung nodded, immediately paying for his order upon seeing the amount on the pole display.

"Kindly find a seat and wait for your order. I'll serve them in a while."

The two of them exchanged smiles and proceeded on what they had to do. Younmi prepared the milkshake along with the cake pops, placing them nicely on a tray afterward.

After confirming with the receipt that the order was right, she carefully carried the tray and looked for her dear customer.

Aside from taking orders and preparing them, she also had to serve them today since four of their employees couldn't make it. One was sick, the other had to attend to a personal matter, and the rest were scheduled to check their branch in Gangnam.

With too much on her plate, Younmi could only wish that all customers would treat her with kindness and respect. She will really lose it if she encounters rude and demanding customers like she does on a daily basis.

Although she has not met such customers so far, Younmi crossed paths with people she wanted to avoid the most: her old colleagues.

Refusing to have another cold war, she tried pulling her cap down to hide her face, serving Jisung, who was sitting on the table beside them instead.

"Why is Mr. Yoon so desperate to bring Cho Younmi back into the industry? Yes, she's pretty, but the way she walks isn't impressive at all. It looks so awkward because it seems like she's limping. Why did that woman become a model in the first place when she can't even walk properly, let alone decently? What a joke!"

"I know, right? I don't get why our directors always want her to be the star of big events. I can acknowledge magazines, but runways? Even average girls outside the modeling industry can do way better than her. That bitch is such a disgrace to all models out there. I wonder what made our CEO think that she's special. Even other companies are in favor of her."