005 | ᴇᴡꜰ ✓

Chapter 5: Hwang Hyunjin
written in hwang hyunjin's pov

"Hwang Hyunjin!" A female student called, shouting my name from the other side of the road as she delightfully wave honorable golds and silvers in her hand.

At first, I was elated to hear her voice, smiling widely as I wave back; not until it resonated in an ominous manner.

"Hwang Hyunjin! Hwang Hyunjin!"

"Yah, Hwang Hyunjin!" Someone suddenly called. Although it was still a female voice, I could tell that it was a different person.

This time, it was loud and alarming, yet not as scary as the student's. Along with that voice is the reality that forced me to open my eyes as if my soul just re-entered my body.

I constantly blinked, adjusting to the radiant light sufficing a foreign room where I currently am.

When I finally adjusted, I slowly turned my head to the side, seeing Jisung's older sister in her nursing uniform.

With that, my eyes wandered around the room, finally realizing that I'm at the hospital.

Before I can even ask what happened, the incident earlier played on my mind at a fast-paced speed.

The overtaking car...

The woman who held me in her arms...

"Kkami? Where's Kkami?" I worriedly asked, slightly panicking as I look for my precious dog.

"I asked Jisung to pick him up. He was actually here to check on you, but he had to leave because dogs are not allowed. Kkami's safe with him now, don't worry." Jiyeon informed, making me heave a loud sigh of relief.

"Thank God." I softly muttered as I try to get up.

While doing so, a white wall clock came into my sight, making my eyes widen upon seeing the time. "Oh my god, it's almost 12?"

"It took you 5 hours to wake up. There weren't any external injuries, but we conducted some tests along with other scans to make sure that you're okay." Jiyeon informed, elaborating medical results that my mind could barely process.

What I understood, though, is that I'm okay and no serious injuries occurred. I fainted because of emotional stress. The sudden feeling of fright, pain, and anxiety caused my blood pressure to drop, which is why I passed out.

"How much does all of that cost?" I then asked, referring to the tests and scans that they conducted.

"No need to worry about your bills, Hyunjin. It's already settled. The woman who almost hit you paid for it." Jiyeon said, making my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Does she have to? I mean, it was a close call, but she didn't hit me. She shouldn't be responsible for that."

"Well apparently, she was driving under the influence. I heard she felt guilty and asked the police to bring some money to cover your hospital bills." Jiyeon explained, making me scoff in disbelief.

"Drunk driving?" I asked, confirming so.

Seeing Jiyeon nod made me feel rage and anger. "Screw her, then."