007 | ᴇᴡꜰ ✓

Chapter 7: The Arrogant Heir
written in kim seungmin's pov

"Now you're showing off, huh?" She brazenly said, extending her hand to give my business card back.

"Yup, definitely acting."

I could only scoff, looking at her with amusement and disbelief, quite taken aback since no one had ever spoken and behaved that way toward me.

"It was never my intention to show off, Miss." I said, gently pushing her hand away as I confidently stare into her eyes.

"You're knowledgeable about fashion, and the way you handled the situation earlier was quite impressive. Our company would definitely want to work with someone like you. We're holding interviews tomorrow at 6 AM sharp. I'd gladly wait for you, so please do come if you're interested."

"Hmm... Is it the company who wants to work with me or someone from the company?" She asked in a playful tone, showing a mischievous grin, which made me raise an eyebrow.

"And who could that be?"

She merely shrugged, staring back at me before responding in what seemed like a joking manner.

"You?"

I got taken aback, not believing what I just heard.

"I wouldn't make such jokes in front of my potential boss." I said, feeling my cheeks heating up as I gave her a warning.

"Boss, my foot. Aren't you managing finance?" She asked, crossing her arms as she stated the information she heard earlier.

"My position isn't limited to finance. I'm in charge of design and merchandising. Besides, I'm set to inherit the company in a few months. You'll eventually have to work under my supervision either way."

This time, she was the one who scoffed. "Is it really not your intention to show off?"

I was then left speechless, pondering if I did sound arrogant or not.

"Until what time will you hold the interviews?" She asked with a slight grin, having a sudden change of attitude.

"I'm not sure about that, but based on the current number of candidates, I think it will take around 3 hours, so maybe until 9:00. We have a meeting with the board an hour after that, so we can't extend the session."

She suddenly sighed after hearing so, shifting her gaze somewhere else as she mumbled something to herself.

"Is there something wrong?" I worriedly asked, noticing signs of frustration from her actions.

"What should I do? I badly want to accept your offer, but I can't assure you that I will. Not now, at least."

"Why? What's holding you back?"

"I've been watching HK's Apparel from afar now, but there's another company that I'm keeping an eye on. They will also conduct interviews tomorrow at the same time, so I'm deliberating a lot."

"Oh..." was all I could say.

She suddenly gave me an apologetic look, urging me to smile and tell her that it was okay.

"You still have the rest of the day to think. I'm not rushing you, so don't feel pressured to give me an answer right away. Take all the time you need." I said, assuring so to make her feel at ease.

"Thank you for understanding." She expressed, responding with a faint smile on her face.

"No worries. Do you mind telling me what company, though?" I curiously asked, wanting to know the rival who is capable of making fashion designers hesitate to work at ours.