(B-RANK) MISSION: LAND OF WAVES

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

"Sasuke. I'm at Point B."

"Sakura. I'm at Point C."

There was a pause, before static crackled again and Sasuke's concerned voice asked, "Naruko are you at Point A?"

Another pause before the missing fox's voice intoned softly, "Target has moved. I'm going to follow it."

A black shape with eyes that glowed a menacing yellow leapt through the foliage, hissing as she ran along. It dove right into the bushes, and after a tense minute Sasuke peeked out from behind his tree, Sakura following suit from behind her own tree and Naruko from the bough above the bush the target was hiding in.

"Over there," Sakura murmured.

"What's your distance from the target?" Kakashi asked through the earpiece.

"5 meters," Sasuke answered. "We're ready, just give the signal," he added when he saw Sakura and Naruko nod at him.

"Okay... now!"

No sooner had Kakashi uttered the words, all three of them launched from their hiding spots and dove at the silhouette. Sasuke grabbed the cat around its middle, and it immediately let out a ear-piercing screech, struggling immensely with its claws flying everywhere.

"Did you verify its her with the red bow on her ear?"

Sakura was kneeling by Sasuke as he wrestled with Tora, Naruko giggling as she reported back to Kakashi through the earpiece, "Affirmative, we got a positive ID."

"Right, Lost Pet Tora captured," Kakashi said as he stood by the forest. "Mission accomplished."

Naruko signalled to her teammates, and with the same devious smirk, Sasuke and Sakura screamed through the earpiece, "CAN'T WE GET A BETTER MISSION THAN THIS?! I HATE CATS!"

Naruko grinned as she heard Kakashi's wince through the earpiece, and took the cat from her Uchiha teammate, who was more than happy to give it up. Naruko started to stroke Tora as they walked back to the Hokage Tower, and surprisingly, the legendary cat settled in her arms and started to purr.

"How typical of Naruko," Sasuke muttered under his breath. Sakura giggled at him, patting his shoulder in sympathy.

With the cat giving them no more trouble, it was easy for them to make their way back to the Hokage Tower. Kakashi had Shunshin'd into the office, raising his eyebrow at the suddenly-docile cat, who was being glared at by Sasuke. Sakura just looked amused by the entire thing.

"Oh my poor little Tora, Mommy was so worried about her naughty little fuzzykins, yes," the Fire Daimyo's wife cooed as she rubbed her chubby cheek with the traumatized cat's.

"Stupid cat, that kitty deserves to be squashed," Sasuke muttered as Sakura started to heal him of the numerous scratches Tora had inflicted upon him.

"No wonder he ran away," Sakura mused as she smiled sympathetically at her teammate, him being the only one to suffer the wrath of the, as Shikamaru would say, troublesome kitty.

"Now then, for Team 7's next mission, we have several available tasks. Huh... among them babysitting the Chief Councillor's three-year-old, helping his wife to do the shopping, digging up potatoes and—"