INVASION: AFTERMATH

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

Sorry for the delay; this has been a super-hectic week with rescheduling all the exams that were cancelled during isolation period so I've been both stressed and distracted trying to juggle six exams (I'm so freaked out because they're worth 10% of my ATAR) within three days. 

As a heads-up, my updating schedule is likely to be thrown off for a while, but I do have a few pre-written chapters so it hopefully won't be too bad.

Anyways — to those of you who were wishing desperately for Yugito and Naruko to finally reunite...

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

Yagura Karatachi stared up at the painfully white ceiling. He was so — damn — bored. This is why he hated hospitals — there was nothing to do, and the medics were so damn set on you staying in the bed. He was the distinguished Fourth Mizukage and the Three-Tails' jinchuuriki to boot; he didn't need their Medical Ninjutsu crap.

Seeing that no one of importance was around — Utakata had gone to get food or something, Yagura hadn't really been listening to him — the jinchuuriki slipped out of bed and silently made his way to the window. He noted with no small amount of glee that it was unlocked, and slowly edged it open. He could make his escape, and they would never force him back there because he would be long gone by the time they—

"Yagura Karatachi!"

Yagura froze. "What the hell are you doing here?" he blurted out as he spun around, only to be greeted with the sight of a certain redheaded woman. Utakata was behind her, his hand covering his smirking mouth.

From where he was quite literally strapped to the bed, the Fourth Raikage snickered at his fellow Kage's undoubted demise. Yagura glared at A, who simply bared his teeth in a wide grin.

Mei Terumi growled as she marched over and grabbed the front of his shirt, practically throwing him back onto his bed. "Get in bed and stay there, or so help me I will give you another reason to be hospitalized!" she snapped. Yagura stiffened as she drew nearer, her turquoise eyes gleaming with murderous intent. He shot a pleading look at Utakata, but his traitor of a brother raised his hands with an apologetic look in his eyes.

"Wow, Mizukage-sama," A drawled, "domineered by a woman. I never would've thought it. And you put up such a wonderful fight not two hours ago."

"Shut up," Yagura muttered, crossing his arms. "I seem to remember a certain someone having to call down their bodyguard to fill in for them as they recovered from using too much chakra all at once, when I specifically told you not to."

A snorted. "Right, but remind me, who was it that—"

Yagura's saving grace was the door slamming open as a voice chirped, "Mei!"

The fuchsia-eyed man breathed a sigh of relief, sagging back into the hospital's lumpy pillows as Mei turned a 180, a bright smile lighting her face as she opened her arms. "Naru-chan!"

Naruko and Mei had met during the time the blonde had been in Wave. Having assumed both of Kiri's jinchuuriki were escaping the stuffy office — not that the redhead blamed them — Mei had gone to drag them back, only to find them playing around with a Genin team from Konoha and a S-rank missing nin and his apprentice. That had been a somewhat awkward yet interesting start to Zabuza Momochi's reinstatement as a shinobi of Kirigakure, but what turned out to be even more intriguing was Mei's instant interest in Naruko. And when the unknown undergarment that had caused Yagura so much grief a few years ago became known to be Mei's, that cemented the relationship. The two exchanged a lot of stories, all at the Mizukage's expense, and by the end of the C-turned-B-rank mission, Naruko and Mei were acting like any other sister duo. While it gave Yagura a headache, it was an endless source of amusement for both Utakata and Naruko's Genin team, not to mention his new swordsman. Zabuza still enjoyed teasing him about it from time to time — how the great, distinguished Fourth Mizukage had been reduced to a whining child at the hands of two mischievous females.