NARUKO UZUMAKI: AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL FRAGMENTS

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》 

Two words: writer's block.

Absolutely infuriating when I know what I want to write but I can't express it properly and then I start agonizing over whether or not I'm moving too fast or too slow and have I introduced this idea yet or is it too early? And then there's school — Australia is under a six-week Stage 4 lock down, but outcomes and SACs are still pouring in and of course I just had to take the hardest subjects ever... trying to be productive but not work so hard I burn out (mostly succeeding) but still a worst time ever to get into an anime binge, huh?

Anyways... sorry for being gone for so long... here's some happy jinchuuriki family fluff and a little bit of firstborn syndrome :)

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》 

"Naruko~" a light-hearted voice sang, and the kunoichi in question turned around on her ramen bar stool to look at the head of cotton-candy-pink. "Sasuke and Kakashi-sensei sent me to fetch you for um, a Team 7 meeting."

Naruko raised an eyebrow as she slowly slurped up a single noodle. She continued meeting her teammate's gaze — her now very nervous teammate.

It hadn't been very long since Naruko had returned to Konoha after her impromptu "vacation", but before Yugito and Bee had left for Kumo, they had sat her down and talked with her about the prospect of there being questions. Naruko had given suggestions, and the two Kumo ninja had agreed and given her permission to tell who she trusted explicitly. However, Bee had made it extremely clear that if any one of them were to use this information wrongly, he would pierce them with all seven of his swords. Naruko had to roll her eyes at her big brother's endearingly overprotective tendencies.

Speaking of brothers and and overprotectiveness; Naruko swore she saw Kakashi wherever she went. His hair did make it a little hard for him to blend in, after all. Her teammates really weren't that much better, and neither was Hinata. The only reprieve Naruko had in the past days was the times she escaped into Hizashi's room in the heavily-fortified Hyuuga Compound. Hizashi found her situation to be endlessly amusing, and took every opportunity he could to relentlessly tease the little blonde about it. They had continued their friendly relationship and sometimes Neji had the gall to drop in and see how long he could put up with their "childish antics".

Oh yes, and speaking of the Hyuuga — Naruko counted seeing the Hyuuga twins reunite as one of the best dramas she had ever seen in her entire thirteen years of living. Hiashi had been in the middle of training with his youngest daughter Hanabi when Hizashi, Hinata and Neji came back to the Hyuuga Compound. Naruko herself had been forcibly dragged along with them by Hinata and Hizashi, the latter promising that she wouldn't want to miss what was about to occur. And how right he was — Hizashi had stormed up to his twin and started yelling at him about being an illiterate twat truck since he had taken so long to tell Neji the truth, and if he hadn't been such a redundant Kami-damned elbow, the Hyuuga might've actually gotten things done around here, namely learning from that experience and deciding on a better failsafe than the Caged Bird Seal. Hiashi had simply stood there, jaw hanging and eyes wide open and simply taking in the verbal beat-down before his eyes narrowed and look of pure fury contorted his features. Obviously, he thought this was some sort of sick joke and said as much, instantly launching to attack him. But the funniest part was that Hizashi mirrored his movements, and the fact that they were identical twins didn't help much; basically it looked like Hiashi was striking at a mirror as they shouted at each other in the most comical fashion that had Hinata crouching down and wrapping her arms around her torso while she giggled uncontrollably, and Naruko had to lean on Neji just to stand upright. Neji himself had to turn away and covered his mouth with his hand to hide the grin that was steadily growing. Hanabi joined them with the most adorably confused look on her face, but she too found amusement in the scene that her usually-stoic father was creating. By the time the Hyuuga twins stopped attacking each other, a good two hours had gone by and the two men had sore throats and gone hoarse from yelling so much, but Hizashi had somehow managed to fully explain what had transpired ten years ago. Naruko couldn't help but grin when she remembered how Hiashi had nearly fallen to his knees to beg for forgiveness when Hizashi punched him in the gut — as "a little payback" and so Hiashi could remember how that night happened — with a grin before hugging him, "Hyuuga-man-style". Afterwards, Neji reported that Hizashi complained about the backlash from using his Byakugan to such an extent after sleeping for so many years, to which Naruko had promptly invited herself into the Hyuuga Compound to give the man a light slap to his aching head and a piece of her mind.