11: I'll Take Care Of You

Another day without Shehry in class. I sulked as I sat in my seat for the first period. It's been three days since he hadn't come to school. He even missed the Organic Chemistry test which had a share in the perecentage of the total for this semester. Like whoa !

I terribly miss him even though I don't talk to him, neither does he ever converse with me, especially since the fight we had the day before the swimming race. No matter how mean he is to me sometimes, I'm still in love with him. It's as if the more we fight, the more I begin to love him. Weird right? But I just can't help my heart.

Bas pyaar hua pehli dafa, woh bhi ghalat insaan se.

I'm now quite worried about him. I mean three whole days, that's so unlike Shehry. I think I'll need to go see him. Although, I'm highly expecting another huge fight, but I can't bear this absence.

Forget me, even all other girls in my class seem a little dull. Or you'd always find them woo-ing over him and annoying him by gluing themsleves to him. Meri classmates ko Shehry se yaar, chipkaale sayyan fevicol se. Haha. No? Okay wait, I'm supposed to be depressed. Why am I getting a db sense of humor? Ugh ! Well, those guys are funny, I won't lie.

I swear I'm always reminded of that 'I love you' incident whenever I sit in French class, and can't control myself from smiling. I think I'm crazy.

The Physics class just passed thinking about him, and I didn't even realize. Wow. I should do that more often now.

The rest three classes passed away in a breeze too and it was finally recess. I saw Hafsa and met up with her.

"Hey !" She greets me with a hug.

"Hi Hafsa. I see you've made some friends." I gesture at a few girls who stood with her.

"Well yeah. They're really sweet. This is Bridgette, Laria, and Ayesha." She says introducing them to me.

"Nida." I smile and greet all three of them.

We sit down and ate our lunches as we chatted with each other.

"Nida,you look a little out of the blue. Everything okay?" She asks.

"Uh.. yeah. All is well. Just tired, I guess?" I lie.

"You should rest as soon as you get home." She puts her hand on my shoulder and I nod.

Suddenly, I caught sight of Hussain. I got up from my place and Hafsa spoke up. "Where you off to?"

"Uhm.. I have to go talk to someone. Be right back." I say and run off to him.

"Hey Hussain !" I call out to him and headed in his direction.

He turned around. "Oh, hi Nida." He smiles. He was with Waqas and Atif and a few of his other friends.

"Uhm, can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask.

"Sure." He gives a polite smile and abandons his group of friends and moved to the side.

"Okay, what is it?" He asks.

"I wanted to ask about Shehry." I say and this playful smirk appears on his face.

I rolled my eyes and continued. "Is he....okay? It's been three days and..."

He cuts me off. "Lagta hai kisi ko Shehry ki bari yaad aa rahi hai."

He winks at me and I give him a gentle push. "Shut up ! I'm serious yaar. Woh theek to hai na?"

He sighs sadly. "He's really sick. He's got high fever since that swimming race. He keeps puking everything he eats. Plus, he's too weak to even leave his bed."