28: An Unforgettable Birthday (Part 2)

We walked ahead to where only very few people stood, and I'm guessing it's because the ticket was a little expensive.

Inside the crown, each corner was nicely decorated and faint light from the chilly afternoon escaped the slots of the crown, illuminating it from the inside. It looked beautiful.

After gazing around the spacious interior, we walked over to one of the slots and stood with the rail.

"Wow !" A hollow whisper escaped the both of us at the same time. We glanced at each other and chuckled.

I was starstruck by the serene landscape, Though the climate was foggy and freezing cold, it looked so magical to catch a glimpse of the pinkish purple skies concealing the sun behind a thick fog and light purple clouds, which were illuminated by the setting sun.

The sea with its waves pushing back and forth and a flock of seagulls that flew above, just made it all too beautiful.

"This....this is so breathtakingly...magical." I inhaled deeply and just stared at the view.

"I know." He answers, also leaning his elbows on the railing and looking out dreamily.

All of a sudden, he speaks. "Umm...I'll be right back. Just stay here."

"Where are you going?" I ask, furrowing.

"Uhm..I...uhm want to check something out. Just hold on a minute." He says and I nod.

What was he up to? I thought as I turned back to the railing. Maybe I should check it out.

I turned around and he had already vanished. Ohkayyy.....

I turn back to the railing and just stared out, enjoying the freezing breezes that flew past me. Suddenly, I felt hands on my eyes. His hands.

His cold hands gave me weird sensations on the inside and I sighed deeply.

"Shehry." I speak.

"Hmm?" He responds.

"You can let go now. I've already recognized it's you, paglay." I giggle.

"I know." He lifts his hands off my eyes and right before I could open them up, he ties a cloth around them.

"Shehry..." I was about to say more but he cuts me off.

"Nida, I'm not sure of what your reaction will be to this, but you gotta trust me." He says very seriously and my heart stopped. What was he up to?

"Umm, I trust you.......as long as you don't plan on throwing me off this huge statue." I replied and he laughed.

"Okay." He just replies plainly. Dude ! What okay? Now, I really feel he's gonna do something really.......I don't even know what.

Shehry's POV:

I tied my bandana around her eyes and slowly wrapped my arms around her waist. She flinched at the sudden contact and I could feel her nervousness.

"Hey, trust me. It's gonna be awesome....Worth a lifetime." I whisper into her ear and she backed away a little, breathing heavily.

Shehryaar Asif ka kamaal? No doubt about that !

I smirked and released my grip around her waist as I reached for her hand.

I grabbed it and slowly led her forward. Uff Nida, please don't kill me for this. But I wanna do this. We could possibly get into an awful lot of trouble or even end up in jail. But the heck yaar?

Zindagi mein yaadein aise hi to banti hain. Darr to mujhe bhi hai aur mein khud mar jaaounga, par tumhein nahi marne doon ga. Not when I'm around.