36: The Engagement (Part 1)

Today is the day I get engaged to the love of my life. The only guy I ever fell for and that one guy I wanna be with for a lifetime.

Shehryaar.

I couldn't sleep the entire night. All I could think about was him. And even right now, at 6 a.m, I'm pacing around my room, still pretty much restless. Sara was still asleep on my bed while I just kept roaming my room here and there like an idiot, as thoughts kept circling my head constantly.

Good thoughts, bad thoughts, weird thoughts, all in the same damn head. Hayee.

Suddenly my phone vibrates in my pocket and I dashed out the room to attend to it. I glanced at the caller ID. It was him.

"Hello?" I mentally squealed and picked up instantly.

"Hey Nidzi?...... Why are you up this early?" He asks, sounding concerned.

"The same reason you are." I replied, smiling to myself.

Uss ke bhi wohi jazbaat hain jo meray hain.

"Hmm.. true." He chuckled shyly.

"So, what were you up to?" I ask.

"No good." He says and I furrowed.

"What do you mean?"

"Quit interrogating and quick descending. I'm waiting." He says and my eyes widened.

I ran to the window to see him lying in the garden amongst the flowers with a bright smile on his face and the sunlight just making him look even more heavenly. Aah !

He waves at me and I grinned. I ran towards the door of my room and trudged down the stairs and out into the garden.

Sprinting ahead, I landed right beside him, laying down just a meter away. I giggled at my targeted landing as I kept panting for breath.

He chuckled and turned himself towards me, making my heart jump, and raised his eyebrows.

I just smiled like an idiot and shook my head quickly.

He cups my cheek in his hand and whispers as he gazed into my eyes. "Excited?"

"Excited. And nervous. And confused. And restless. And insomniatic. And breathless and..." He quickly covered my mouth with his hand and completes my sentence saying. "Crazy."

I blushed a little and nodded.

"Same here." He whispers, lifting his hand off my mouth and peers directly into my eyes.

I just couldn't stop myself from smiling at him, though I'm pretty sure I must be looking like a complete fool.

"Iss battessee (wide smile) nu mein zindagi bhar vaikhna chaanda." He says very seriously and I giggled.

"Tu hi te waja aye iss bateesee di." I winked making him grin.

"Te mein zindagi bhar jeena chaanda aan, taake tu zindagi bhar hasdi ravay, khildi ravay, sirf meinu hi vaikh ke." He smiled and grabbed my hand, lifting it off the grass and gently placed it in between our faces.

"So...what hall have mom and dad chosen for the engagement? They didn't tell me and neither did Sara." I asked.

"You'll see." He just answers.

I pouted and he pinched my cheek.

Suddenly I heard muffled giggles and my heart skipped a beat.

"Don't look now, but we've just been caught." He whispers, slowly letting go of my hand. My eyes widened as I slowly turned around and saw mom and Sara standing at my window giggling.