33: Agreement And Tension

Nida's POV:

We stopped at the same café we went to on our first date and sat down at a table.

Our behaviour coordinated, as him and I inhaled deeply and exhaled out just one word in unison. "Engagement !"

We both chuckled at the sudden click of our thoughts and he breaks the collaboration, saying. "Ladies first."

I take a deep sigh. "Shehry, I...I'm .....I don't know. I'm just a little nervous and confused. I mean....itni jaldi?" I managed to utter out my confused emotions.

"Yeah. I know." He just replied, lifting his frappucino towards his mouth as he took a sip.

"Did you talk to your parents about it?" I asked.

"Well, I did and even told them that you know...it's too soon. But all they said in response was that it's 'just engagement', not marriage."

"Even mom and dad said the same thing. Let's just.... not drag this topic further. Just tell me. Do you accept it? I mean, will you be okay with getting engaged to me?" I asked.

He grabbed my hands into his and smiles down at them. "As long as it's you, I wouldn't have missed this chance for the world."

"So....it's a yes?" I ask, confirming.

"Any doubt, sweetheart?" He utters looking directly into my eyes and I felt myself blush.

I smiled at him and he cross-questioned me. "And you? Are you up for this? Remember, my parents aren't forcing anything on us."

"Neither are mine, but they've asked me for a favour, I can never say no....Especially if they're letting me unite with the love of my life."

He sighs happily andvwhispers, leaning over the table. "One of the million reasons why I love you so much."

He bends in and pecks onto my forehead, making a zillion butterflies go crazy inside.

"Shehry, I was wondering, like, you know, we're just in high school and there's a long way to go until you can finally settle yourself with a proper job, right?" I said.

He chuckled. "So basically, you're indirectly saying that, just in case we fall hard and want to get married, I'll still be young enough for a job?" He says it all in one sentence.

I blushed. "No man. I mean abhi se hi engagement ho gayi hai to kia 4 years wait karein ge, shaadi ke liye?"

"Seedha bolo na, control nahi hoga." He winks and I slap his arm from across the table.

"Woh to tumse bhi nahi hoga. Mujhe to abhi se hi dikhta hai." I giggled and see a slight pop of pink on his cheeks.

"Chalo, at least I admit it. Meray se to 4 saal nahi wait kiya jaye ga bhai. Kuch hafton mein hi waat lag chuki hai meri, to 4 saal mein to...." He halts, looking down.

"Ayee hayee, itna pyaar hai meray se?" I put my elbows on the table and balanced my head on my hands as I stared at his face.

"Pyaar nahi...Ishq." He whispers, making my heart do a backflip.

"So, it's settled then? Miss fiancé?" He asks with a soft smile on his face. Miss fiancé. Hmm....I like the sound of that.

"All settled, Mr. Aashiq." I smirked and he chuckled, taking another sip of his coffee.

He moves his chair from the front to place it in the space right next to me.

"You hardly took a sip of your coffee." He says, making it sound more like a question.