Chapter 01

Tapping his fingers rhythmically against the wooden table, Mashiho's frown became more visible as his cousin, Asahi, walked closer to him. The moment their eyes met, the aforementioned boy can't help but to roll his eyes.

"Meds." Mashiho lifelessly said.

"Bravo. You're learning." Asahi answered in sarcasm.

This has been their daily routine since Mashiho is being hard-headed, refusing to take his medicines. Why? "Because I don't fuckin' know what are those for!" That's what he exactly says whenever he argues with Asahi.

"Seriously, Asahi. What are these medicines for?" Mashiho asked raising an eyebrow.

"You've been asking me that for so many times, Mashiho. You're not even complaining before." Asahi answered as he took a seat infront of his cousin.

"Cuz duh! Curiousity. And heck, Sahi, I've been taking these meds for years already and I don't even know what kind of illness I have." Mashiho remarked as he take the medicine and drink the water served with it.

"It's better for you not to know, Shiho." the emotionless guy said causing the other laugh in amusement.

"That was so funny, Asahi! What the fuck!"

Asahi chuckled and stared at his cousin, "I wonder how your medicines affect you. You've gone crazy."

Mashiho's face became serious again and stared back to Asahi, "I'll probably go crazy with all these secret stuffs, Sahi. Don't I have the right to know huh?"

"You do, but I don't have the right to tell." Asahi pursed his lips into a thin line, he stood up and walked the way to his room.

Left alone, Mashiho decided to go to the veranda. There, he took a seat at a metal chair and let the warm breeze brush over his baby-like skin. He smiled as he smelled the salty air. Infront of him, lies a beautiful paradise, Magnum Island.

The white sand, the crystaline water of the sea, and the touch of brown and green of coconut trees. Magnum Island is indeed an island of perfection.

Mashiho stared at the scenery laid before his eyes, he watches the kids building their sand castles, every people that plopped their bodies on the water and the sea as its waves touch the shore. The speed boat that pulls the banana boat caught his attention, he has been wanting to try the ride but like the usual, Asahi won't let him. He followed the speed boat with his eyes until it disappeared on the horizon.

"Sahi, have you ever wondered what's behind that line?"

"No. It's just another island. Not worthy of my curiousity."

"What a boring bitch you are. But what if it's more than just an island, though? What if you'll discover something new?"

"We'll never know, Shiho. And what awaits for you behind that line depends on what direction you'll take."

"I want to know..."

"Bitch, you can't. You can only go 30 meters from the shore, remember?"

Mashiho frowned at the last sentence in his memory. He can't do anything to his will, it's always upon the decision of his parents or Asahi.

How long has it been since he wondered about it? No one knows. He isn't a local here but he lived here quite long enough for him to be close and often talks to the other locals of this island, and they just say, that it's not just another island, but a very beautiful island. The locals call it 'Treasure Island.' But those answers aren't enough to fill in Mashiho's curiousity. He still has this 'to see is to believe' thought in his mind.

"Wondering about that again?" he heard a voice behind him, so he turned to see the owner of the voice.

"Yoonbin-hyung." Mashiho smiled brightly at the guy with a gummy smile.

"How are you?" Yoonbin asked and took a seat beside Mashiho.

"Pretty bored." the smaller pouted making his hyung chuckle.

Ha Yoonbin. He's also a local here, but is often not around due to his studies. He stays at dorms in the city. While Mashiho goes to school with Asahi by car and go home by car too.

"You still don't have school?" the older asked tilting his head.

"It's still on August. That's still 2 months away from now. And dying of boredome here." the younger of the two sighed in distress.

"You can always do some things to avoid boredome, you know."

"Like what? I'm always restricted of everything."

Yoonbin chuckled, "Look at Asahi there." he pointed at a certain direction and Mashiho turned to it.

He saw Asahi, together with their other friends, Doyoung and Yoshinori. They are making some suveneir items that the tourists can buy.

"You can join them, you know." Yoonbin uttered making the younger hum in response.

"That's a pretty good idea." Mashiho got up from his seat.

"Have you taken your medicines?" the older asked and Mashiho just nodded his head. "Okay, good. Let's go."

They went out of the house and walked straight to where their friends are.

"Hi Shiho-hyung!" Doyoung, their youngest, greeted.

"Hello, Dobby." Mashiho smiled and seated beside Yoshinori.

"Bet you get bored that's why you weny out." Yoshinori stated making their friends chuckle.

"There's not a time I'm not bored, hyung." the small japanese frowned.

The others continued what they were doing, Yoonbin excused himself to go home first and chang, and Yoshinori teaches Mashiho how to do the items.

They are actually a group of six people, but one disappeared without them knowing when and where it went. It affected all of them, specially, Yoonbin that it took him 2 years to be himself again. No one knows where that someone is. But they chose to go on with life for they believe, eventually, he will comeback. Jihoon will comeback.

These guys are called the Magnums. They don't know when did the locals started calling them that name, but they were told that that name came from a Latin word magnus, meaning 'great.' Confused, the boys just let the locals call them that name.

"So this is how easy you do it?" Mashiho looked at the keychain he made in disbelief, "All my life I thought it is hard to do. I've been fooled!"

"Poor innocent one." Yoonbin laughed lightly and took a seat beside Asahi and helped.

The group go on with their stuff, and Mashiho stared at them. He smiled as he thought of something. Oh God, what would I do without these people in my life? Cheesy but Mashiho is willing to do everything for these people.