Chapter 18

🌊 Kim Junkyu

"Aigoo, our little boy is crying." mom walked towards me and wiped my tears, she then gave me a hug. "Happy birthday, baby."

She let go, and eyed me teasingly... "You didn't tell us that you and Noa broke up and found a new boyfriend..." she stated and hugged Mashiho.

My eyes widened as Mashiho turned to me with a surprised expression. What the hell are they saying that I found a new boyfriend?

"He's actually sweet for planning all of these.  He also prepared the foods on the dining hall. Isn't he the best boyfriend, son? You've done a great choice." my dad said with a proud expression.

Shocked became visible in my face upon hearing that Mashiho prepared all of these.

"Uhh, Mr. and Mrs. Kim–"

"Uncle and Aunt." dad corrected Mashiho and this small human smiled and bowed.

"I'm not Junkyu's boyfriend." he said in a most polite way.

"You're not? Then why did you prepare all of this?" mom asked him.

"Because he is special to me, and I want to see him happy after all the painful days he had for almost a month..." he blurted out and just smiled at me.

🌊

"Let's go." Mashiho said and pulled me up from my seat.

Why am I always pulled around during my birthdays?

"B-but–"

"Go, baby. Go with him." mom nodded.

So I just followed behind Mashiho who has a guitar on his hand. It's already dark, and the stars are now shining in the night sky.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Somewhere you might never want to visit again..." he said and looked up to me.

Huh? I was clueless until we stopped in a familiar place... The deck.

"What are we doing here?"

"You said he used to bring you here before, right?" he asked and I nodded, "Then let's give you a new memory to remember in this place."

He held my hand as we make our way up to the deck. Heart beating fast, I just let him lead the way. Upon reaching the deck, there's nothing special here, but there are two chairs placed to face the sea. Mashiho led me to take a seat and I did. I thought he will sit at the chair beside me, but he didn't. He leaned his back on the railings and started strumming his guitar. At first, I can't recognize the song, but as soon as he started to sing...

♪♪ subaek beon seonggonghanjeok eomneun gobaek
jasingami eomneun na should I just go back
bandeusi gobaekhanda
malman hamyeon mwohae in the end
ni apeseo deul su eomneun naui gogae♪♪

He is singing Got7's Confession Song but he is doing it in an acoustic version.

♪♪nan niga joha i mari dodaeche wae eoryeounji
mal haryeoda mallyeoda mal haryeoda mallyeoda♪♪

He smiled at me and turned his gaze back to his guitar.

♪♪neoui maeumi nawa dalla
neoreul du beon dasin mot bolkka bwa
geuge neomu duryeowoseo
malhal yonggiga najil anha
ireoke noraereul billyeo
naui maeumeul neoege yeolge♪♪

I couldn't help but to stare at him, although lost and clueless. I have no idea where is this going, or maybe I already have but I'm just denying it.

♪♪I love you, baby I,
I love you (aju orae jeonbuteo)
I love you, baby I,
I love you (I do)♪♪

"Kyu..." he called me as he put his guitar down and reached for my hand.

"Mashi, I know where this is going and I'm sorry. I appreciate your efforts and all, but I'm not ready yet. I can't–"

"Kyu, we're not rushing things here. I can help you if you'll let me, if you'll give me a chance." he cutted me off.

"Look, Mashi, I love you and I care for you a lot... But that's because you're like a younger brother to me. I'm sorry, Mashi but I only see you as a younger brother and I don't think it could be beyond that." I gently removed his grasp on my hand and turned away, only to see the shocked faces our friends and my family.

I left the deck without a word and just walked by the shore, alone. I settled down on a rock formation and faced the sea. It's supposed to be happy, right? But why do I feel like this? I just let the cold and salty breeze engulf my body as a comfortable silence surrounds me.

"I already knew from the start, developing a feelings for you will never be right. Aside from the fact that you had a boyfriend that time, I'm also certain that you won't be able to reciprocate what I feel towards you." a voice followed by a deep sigh broke the silence and a presence was felt beside me.

"Did I ruin the mood today?" Mashiho asked, sadness traced in his voice. I just shook my head still not looking at him.

"I'm sorry." he uttered and that made me turn to him. "I'm sorry for what I did. I should've been more considerate on your feelings."

"Why are you saying sorry?" I asked him and he just smiled at me sadly.

"I feel like instead of making this day perfect, I made it the worst one." he hung his head down and wiped something from his face. Is he crying?

"No, Mashi. It was the best birthday for me. Thank you for making it memorable. I really appreciate the efforts you put in this." I cupped his face and wiped his tears with my thumb.

"Why are you like this?" he chuckled and my brows furrowed.

"You're so sweet and caring towards me. It leads me on. Will you please stop that? It hurts." my heart broke upon hearing his remark.

"I'm sorry." I pulled away and stare at him.

"I'm glad if I made you happy today, atleast I did something to help you get your out from the pain even for today. And I'm sorry if ever I made you upset by my sudden confession, I'll try to have this fade away, hyung." he stood up and began walking away from me.

Why do I feel like Mashi is not just going away from me physically? Why do I feel like I'm about to lose him?