Chapter 07

🌊 Takata Mashiho

"Seems like someone's in a good mood again." Asahi remarked when I hopped in to the car.

"He's been like that for a week already. Are you preparing for the competition, Mashi?" Yoshi-hyung glanced to me.

"Of course, I am!"

We're heading to school now. I can't tell them that I've got myself a boyfriend already. Asahi and Keita would really freak out.

"I wonder what's the reason behind those smiles." Keita said from the driver's seat while looking at the rear-view mirror.

"Tell us, Shiho... Do you already have a boyfriend and you're just not telling us?" Yoshi-hyung looked at me with suspicion.

I raised a brow, "Lol, hyung. You don't even see me with boys aside from y'all."

"You got a point though." he said while nodding.

A smile formed on my lips again as I remember our kiss..

"Enough?"

I shook my head and pout, "Naw"

"Love, your lips are already swollen." he laughed.

"Why do you kiss so good, you koala?"

"Those kisses are exclusive only for my hamster." he pinched my nose.

"Really?"

"Of course. I wouldn't give those to anyone. My heart, my kisses, my everything, all those belong to you and only you." he winked.

"Agh, my heart! Why are you like this?" I held my chest and giggled.

"You're so cuuute!" he pinched my cheeks.

"You enjoy pinching me."

"I can't help it. You're soooo cute." and he hugged me. "You're so small that you are so perfect for hugs and cuddles."

"Can I get some cuddles?"

"The next time we see each other again." he said and let go of the hug.

I can see the Magnum Island already, sadness started to build up...

"You suddenly went silent?"

"I'm gonna be away from you again." I said and sighed.

He shook his head, "No. I'm always here." he pointed my head, "and here." and my chest.

"Hmm?"

"I'm never away from you, Mashi." he smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Look at him smiling by himself." Doyoung said from the passenger's seat.

"Will y'all stop attacking me?" I pouted.

"Okay, let Shiho have his happiness." Asahi looked at me teasingly.

"Yeah, let me have my happiness." I rolled my eyes.

I've been absent for a week, and you know what's good about it? I ain't late for lessons since Asahi and I are in the same class. Claps, y'all.

"We're here." Keita declared as he stepped on the brake.

"Why am I nervous?" I held my chest.

"We have a summative test." Asahi said.

"That's just a summative test. I won't get nervous for that." I rolled my eyes.

"We know you're a smartypants. Now, shut up and let's go." he said and we all went down the car.

"Yah, Terazono. Make sure to pick us up later, you, witch." Yoshi-hyung warned but Keita just laughed at him.

Keita didn't pick them up for the whole week the last time, so they needed to commute.

Dobby and Yoshi-hyung went to different ways, leaving me and Asahi to walk to our room together.

"Oh shoot." he suddenly exclaimed, "Shiho, can you go to our room first? I still need to get some book in the library."

"Yeah, sure. Just be quick, 'kay?" I told him and he nodded.

He took the way to the library while I continued walking to our first class.

"Isn't he one who made a scene last week?"

"Look, the crazy cute guy."

"What he did last week is really embarassing. How did he managed to still go back here?"

Relax, Shiho. Don't mind them. Just continue walking.

But then, someone held my wrist and stopped me from walking.

"Hey. Why did you made a scene last week?"

"Are you crazy?"

"He must be really crazy. Remember what happened last week? He really looks like he was out of his mind."

"If I were y'all, I will shut my mouth." a man leaning on the wall suddenly said. "You know, if you don't have anything good to say, just keep those nasty mouths of yours shut."

I can't see his face since he is wearing a cap and facing down.

"We're doomed."

"We should get outta here before he snaps."

"I better not hear any of you talk shits about him again." and he left his spot.

"Yah! Kim! Let's go!" someone shouted.

I followed the man with my eyes, and he went to the guy who shouted.

I continued to walk again. Whoever you are, thank you.
---

"Mashiho. How's the preparation for the competition?" Mr. Bang asked.

"So far so good, sir." I answered and he smiled proudly.

"Shall we take a look at that 'so far so good' you are talking about?" he tilted his head.

"Sure, sir!" I said confidently.

"Okay, everyone. Arrange your chairs, make the center vacant." he commanded and we obeyed.

After that he told me to go in the middle, and see how prepared I am.

He asked multiple questions, and thank goodness, I was able to answer all of those correctly.

"Bravo, Mr. Takata. You never failed to amaze me with your intelligence." he said while clapping and I bowed as a sign of gratitude.

"Only if he's not crazy–"

"One more word from your shitty mouth, I'll cut that open." I heard Asahi warned with his cold voice making the guy shut up.

I just smiled and bowed, and I walked out of the room.

"HE NEEDS TO  KNOW THAT HE'S CRAZY!"

"Look, the crazy cute guy."

"Are you crazy?"

"He must be really crazy. Remember what happened last week? He really looks like he was out of his mind."

"Only if he's not crazy"

I crouched on the floor as the voices kept playing on my head.

"No, please stop." I kept murmuring these words but the voices won't stop.

Tears started to fall from my eyes as frustration and panic started to build inside me.

"Everybody thinks you're crazy."

"You're crazy."

"Stop. Please." I whispered as my sobs went louder and audible.

"Shiho. Shiho!" I felt someone shaking me.

"Oh God, Shiho calm down." I last heard before everything went black.