Chapter 02

As the sunlight peeked from the small space between two curtains, Mashiho groaned and turned to face the other side and avoid the light striking his face. He tries to drift to dreamland once more, but his alarm clock's sound echoed inside his whole room. He reached for it, eyes closed, and turned it off.

He groaned once again, before finally opening his eyes and stretched his body.

"Stretching would do you no point. You won't grow any taller." a voice said.

Mashiho turned and saw a figure leaning on the door frame. He rubbed his eyes for his vision to be clearer, and he recognized the guy.

Terazono Keita, another annoying cousin of his. Well, he is more annoying than Asahi. If Asahi couldn't be more quiet, this guy right here won't stop talking or more so, screaming.

"Wow. Says who's also a shortie." Mashiho got up from his bed.

"Atleast I'm still taller than you." Keita fought back.

Mashiho just rolled his eyes, "What are you doing here, by the way?" he asked while looking for clothes inside his closet.

"Don't you want me here?" Keita walked and threw himself on Mashiho's bed.

"I'd be lying if I say I want you here."

"Mean, but okay. I just got bored, so yeah. I went here."

"Wow. You flew all the way here from Japan just because you're bored? How to be you, senpai?" Mashiho turned to Keita wide-eyed. Keita live and studies in Japan, and he just went here because he is bored?

Despite of his sarcasm, Mashiho couldn't help but to feel envious. Keita is a happy go lucky kind of guy. He does what he wants to do, and no one can stop him. While Mashiho? There are so much that he wants to do but is always restricted, and he has no choice but to obey for the sake of his own life.

"Bitch. I flew all the way here to save your boring beach life here." Keita got up and seated on the bed.

"Nah. I don't need you–"

"Right, a nerdy like you loves a quiet company." Keita mocked making Mashiho glare at him. "You know, I can let you do the things you want..."

Mashiho's eyes brighten for a moment but it came back to a bored look, "There's no way I would risk my life, Kei."

Keita laughed and slumped on the bed again and close his eyes to get some sleep.

Afternoon came, when Keita and Mashiho decided to take a dip on the water. The others joined them, and they were surrounded by laughters.

They played games, made bets and everything that could give them fun.

"Aaaahhh. I'm tired." Mashiho stated which led Asahi to guide him to the shore.

"Rest here for a while, 'kay?" Asahi said which Mashiho nodded to. The smaller sat on the sand while Asahi ran back to the sea.

He watched his friends and two cousins enjoy their time. He smiled at the scene.

———

Mashiho woke up with the loud sound of his alarm clock but as he opened his eyes, it's still dark. He looked at his clock, 3:45am. His brows furrowed as he forgot the reason why he set his alarm in this early time.

"Ah." he reacted as he remembered his plan.

"I heard aunt bought a new boat?" Keita asked during their dinner.

"Ah, yes. She bought it if Mashiho wants to have a ride." Asahi landed a gaze on the quiet shorter japanese, "But she strictly told me that Mashiho isn't allowed to go alone. Either the two of us should be with him."

Mashiho heaved a deep sigh, making the two turn to him but they choose to just shut their mouth and shook their head. There's no point of arguing with him, because they know in the end, Mashiho will still obey.

Missing the michievous smile on Mashiho's lips, the other two japanese boys entered their own rooms while Mashiho stayed at the veranda for a while.

He spotted the boat that his mom bought. It isn't hard to find since it has his name on its side. He smiled playfully and stood up from being seated.

"Let's see."

He got up from his bed carefully to avoid making noise. With his tippy toes, he took steps to his room's door and opened it slowly.

Head turning left and right, he made sure that no one's gonna see him. What is he doing? Sneaking out. He didn't know about the boat until Keita mentioned it last night. Now that they have their own, he's gonna seized the moment and try it.

"I'm gonna be back before the sunrise." he whispered to himself.

He opened the main door as slow and silent as he could. "Yes!" he exclaimed in a low voice as he successfully get out of the house.

With a wide smile plastered on his face, Mashiho joyfully made his way to their own boat. He checked the boat first, and smiled even wider, seems like someone's gonna get their lips ripped. He found out that the boat is automatic, which means it has a machine and he doesn't need to row.

He jumped down the boat again and with all his might and strength he pushed it to the water. The moment the boat reached the water, he got up row until the height of the water is enough to turn the machine on. Luckily, he knows how to maneuver and operate the boat since a fisherman had taught him before.

"Waaahh. This feels good!" he uttered spreading his arms wide as he feel the air brush against his skin.

He looked back and he can still see the huge rock formation of Magnum Island. It's still dark, but he knows it is safe since the sea is calm.

He was enjoying, that he didn't noticed that he fell asleep.