➰twenty four➰

here y'all go. the date is split into two chapters :)

jungkook closed the backseat doors, holding his own pair of skates. slight panic washed over his face, accentuated by his wide doe eyes.

"do you not like ice skating..." he drawled out. he had already bought the tickets online and they were non refundable, so he didn't want them to go to waste.

taehyung stared at jungkook, eyebrows scrunched into a look of worry. "i have not went ice skating since i broke my ankle the first time i went. that was when i was nine."

it was very safe to say, taehyung was not good at ice skating, whatsoever.

"well, the people you went with weren't professionals. i won't let you break anything."

taehyung wasn't convinced, though.

"look. let's just go in there and at least try, but if you really want to leave; we can go.'' jungkook said.

taehyung's face softened. he didn't want to be a dipshit and refuse jungkook's date all because of some silly fear.

he was just really ass at ice skating.

"okay, i'll go with you. but if i fall you have to buy me ice cream." taehyung teased.

jungkook laughed, "promise."

walking into the skating rink, taehyung was like a kid in a candy store. he liked the atmosphere of ice skating rinks because winter was his favorite season. it was like his own little wonderland.

"i have tickets for two." jungkook took his phone out his back pocket, showing the lady his digital tickets.

"thank you for skating at iceland. here's a ticket if you need to rent skates. we have a mini arcade room in the back, so check it out. we also now sell food, but unfortunately our ice cream machine hasn't been shipped in yet. enjoy your time here!" she informatively said.

they said thank you and entered the rink, walking to the seating area. taehyung took his ticket to go rent skates, while jungkook laced his on.

by the time taehyung came back, jungkook was on his phone waiting.

"what are you doing on your phone." taehyung asked.

jungkook swiped away from taehyung's picture. "waiting on your fatass to hurry up."

"i know i have a fat ass. make sure not to stare too long." taehyung blew a kiss.

jungkook flushed. he wasn't expecting taehyung to respond that way.

"c-come on. lets hurry up and go skate." he stuttered.

taehyung smirked while finally putting his skates on.

after what felt like sixteen years to jungkook, they were finally walking over to the rink. a confident taehyung turned into a scared one. he really was frightened that he would hurt himself, though he covered it up well.

jungkook took notice to taehyung's body language and slipped his hand into the other's. taehyung glanced at their intertwined hands and couldn't stop the shy smile that crept up on his face.

"you got this, taehyung. i wont let you fall."

jungkook was the first one to step on the ice. he had gone ice skating numerous times with his older brother as a child. once he got old enough, he started coming alone.

taehyung watched in amaze as jungkook did not fall flat on his ass as soon as he hit the floor.

jungkook ushered taehyung out, moving his hands in a 'come here' motion.

without thinking about it, taehyung stepped on the floor. at first, he wobbled but with the help of jungkook he regained balance.

"see that wasn't so bad, right?" jungkook asked.

taehyung shot him a painful smile, even though he wanted to tell him to shut the hell up. this was one of the scariest things he's ever done.

jungkook helped taehyung get a couple laps around the rink, before he thought taehyung was ready.

"we've already made three laps and you're skating so good." he praised.

taehyung smiled. maybe ice skating woudn't be that bad as long as jungkook did not let go.

wishful thinking for taehyung.

"im going to let go on the count of three." jungkook said, abruptly.

"you're going to wHAT." taehyung screamed. they hadn't even made five laps and jungkook was already trying to make taehyung fend for himself.

"1, 2, 3." jungkook quickly let go. deviously, of course.

as taehyung wobbled back and forth trying to stand up straight, all jungkook did was laugh. taehyung looked like a cartoon he used to watch when he was younger.

gravity defeated taehyung and he fell flat on his back, going down with a loud scream.

"you fucking asshole!"

"language!!" some older woman commented, covering her childs ears.

taehyung growled at her. he wasn't in the mood for other people's commentary.

jungkook was on the floor himself, dying with laughter. taehyung crawled over to him and pushed him back over.

"you fucking said you wouldn't let me fall!" taehyung whisper shouted. jungkook was coming down from his high but it wasn't fast enough for taehyung.

taehyung started throwing punches at jungkook's arms, feeling very embarrassed by his continuous laughter.

"ow! okay, okay. i'm sorry!" jungkook shielded himself.

somehow taehyung got up and skated himself back to the carpeted floor.

jungkook caught up to him, "taehyung-ah. are you mad at me?" he stood in front of a sitting taehyung.

taehyung didn't answer, he just stared back at jungkook with squinted eyes.

jungkook pouted, pushing his bottom lip out further, "i said i was sorry."

the only thing taehyung did was cross his arms.

"taehyuungg." jungkook drawled out. he reached out his hands to squish taehyung's cheeks, but taehyung pushed them away.

"you broke your promise." taehyung finally said.

"but i also said i'd buy you ice cream." jungkook chirped.

"they don't sell ice cream here." taehyung deadpanned.

"come on. we'll go somewhere else."

"the nearest ice cream place is across town. you'd drive all the way their solely to buy me some ice cream??" taehyung's voice going into a higher octave.

"i'd go all the way across the world just for you."