➰twenty five➰

date pt. 2 [they've been talking for 2 months now. idk if i made that clear.]

commencing the long drive, they finally pulled up to the ice cream place. taehyung spent some time ignoring jungkook, since he was still made he let him fall; but once jungkook said he would buy him two ice cream cups, he stopped giving him the silent treatment.

"randy's.. ice cream shack? i thought we were going to that one place."

"one of my friends from high school works here so we can get free ice cream." jungkook stuck his tongue out in a teasing manner.

they walked inside the shop and looked around. it was pretty dead which was peculiar for a saturday night. everyone goes to get ice cream at night.. its better.

"hello, welcome to rand- oh hey, jungkook!" some boy said.

"hey yugyeom. how's life treating you?" jungkook answered.

yugyeom nodded his head, "could be better.. who's this?"

jungkook finally panned over to taehyung since they had been there. taehyung was just watching two friends interact because he didn't have anything to add.

jungkook looked back his friend, "oh. this is my friend, taehyung."

yugyeom smiled, "hi taehyung. i'm yugyeom." he put his hand out.

taehyung shook it, showing his boxy smile.

"so what kind of ice cream you guys want?"

"two ice cream cups filled with three scoops of cookies and cream and one cup of two mint chocolate chip scoops, please."

since, yugyeom said he would bring over their ice cream when it was done; they decided to go find a table.

taehyung looked at the back of jungkook's head disgustedly. he couldn't believe he really just ordered that flavor ice cream.

when they got seated at the table, jungkook pulled out his phone. he hadn't been on his phone that much throughout the date because he didn't see the point. being on your phone during a date defeats the purpose of spending time with the other.

taehyung was watching jungkook as he laughed away at whatever was on his phone. he squinted his eyes at him.

he couldn't believe he accepted to go on a date with someone who enjoys the devils ice cream.

jungkook looked at taehyung and did a double take when he saw how intense his gaze was.

"why.. are you staring at me.." jungkook drawled out.

taehyung side eyed him, "people really out here ordering mint chocolate chip. shut down the whole enterprise."

jungkook groaned loudly, "don't tell me you're one of them."

"i'm one of them? i should be saying that to you! i can't kiss someone who swallows toothpaste in their free time."

"you wouldn't kiss me?" jungkook wiggled his eyebrows.

taehyung got flustered, cheeks turning pink, "that's not the point. if you can swallow the devils ice cream without gagging, you're cancelled. kill your producer."

"hating on something popular is not a personality trait."

taehyung turned his lips up, "god forbid that flavor makes more people brainwashed into believing its good."

"

by this time they had already had their ice cream and were enjoying it

"what do you mean boyfriend??"

jungkook looked at tae, "you didn't know that namjoon, jin, and jimin now all go out with each other."

this was shocking news to taehyung. him and jimin haven't spoken as much as they usually have but not telling your bestfriend about your new relationship? unacceptable.

he would see tweets on the timeline hinting at it but he thought jungkook was being his natural flirt self.

"no. i never heard of such." mission kill jimin: incomplete.

"they've been dating for atleast two weeks now."

taehyung's jaw dropped. jimin's been keeping this secret for over two weeks.

"anyways. jimin can't catch me lacking. i got him tomorrow."

jungkook laughed, throwing his head back. "you ready to go?"

taehyung nodded, getting up to throw his trash away.

they walked out to the car, hand in hand. both having the action heavily on their mind, but they kept their mouths shut.

since it was nearing ten, jungkook decided it was time to take taehyung home. which he felt better about doing once he heard taehyung yawn.

"i wore you out, didn't i?" jungkook asked.

"don't say it like that. it sounds so vulgar." taehyung pushed his shoulder. good thing they were at a red light.

"baby, you're the one with your head in the gutter." jungkook said.

rolling his eyes, "whatever." taehyung said.

- - -

after the drive, they finally pulled into taehyung's apartment complex. being so used to seeing it, taehyung got out the car heading to his house; but jungkook was stuck admiring how nice they were.

to be a broke college student who lived off ramen, he sure lived in a really luxurious place.

"no but honestly, today was one of the cutest things anyone has ever done and i really really appreciate and thank you for taking me out." taehyung said, twirling his fingers and looking at the ground.

jungkook took taehyungs hand, making him lift his head, "thank you, for letting me take you on this date. i honestly didn't expect this friendship to go far since it happened so all of a sudden but, i'm glad that it's you who's here."

"are confessing your love to me. i know i'm really cute but please hold off-"

"oh my god, when are you ever serious." jungkook groaned, while taehyung giggled.

"well my mommy said it's past my bedtime, so i have to go inside now."

all jungkook could think about was how good taehyungs lips looked at the moment. he watched them move like it was his favorite past  time. pastel pink, slightly chapped, and plump to perfection.

what are you thinking, you can't kiss him on the first date!

"jungkook..? are you okay?"

it's like the rules.

"um.."

do you not care about rejection. what if he doesn't even like you like that.

taehyung was staring at jungkook with wide eyes, wondering what the hell he was doing. how could a person even stare that long without blinking.

just as he was about to yank his hand away, something snapped in jungkook.

'screw it' jungkook thought.

and then he kissed him.