Chapter 6: Impossible

Marinette

"A-adrien?! W-what are you--" he smiled as he walked up to me, taking my hands in his, a blush spreading across my cheeks. "I waited for you, I wanted to see you again before the night ended." He shot me a wink making a whole new layer of pink add to my flushed cheeks. He waited just to see me again?

"Y-your weird..." I said looking to the side, my cheeks a rosy red. He chuckled, "Let me walk you home." He said taking my hand, I wanted to squeal, this was surely just a dream right? He laced our fingers together, my heart pounding in my chest. I hid my nervousness with a cheeky grin.

"Oh sweet sun child, such a gentleman." I teased, he chuckled, his grip tightening on my hand making my heart skip a beat. "I wouldn't want anything to happen to you Mari, I know we haven't known each other for long, but I already consider you as someone I can talk to about anything."

I looked up at him, my lips forming a small smile, "Same here Adrien." He narrowed his eyebrows, smiling at me and staring into my eyes. My heart stopped beating, butterflies forming in my stomach. His stare was incredibly sincere, and I fell in love with him, all over again.

I was speechless, my legs suddenly turned to jelly as I got lost in his green emerald eyes. His look was so sincere, but he had a sweet smile that made my heart warm. "Marinette..." He said, both of us stopped walking. He pulled me closer, wrapping his arm around my waist as he clenched my hand. "Adrien..."

His look overpowered me, before I knew it we were leaning in, our lips a centimeter away from each other. My eyes fluttered closed, my hand placed on his chest as I could feel his minty breath on my lips. My cheeks became a rosy red, this wasn't really happening, was it?

Just as our lips barely brushed, our heads turned to find a group of boys yelling and walking in slanted lines, obviously drunk. I felt a little disappointed, I could've kissed Adrien, and my chance was ruined. "W-we should get you home." Adrien said.

I nodded before we kept walking, both of us lost in thought. We acted like nothing happened, like we weren't just about to kiss, like everything was fine. I wanted to feel his lips brush against mine once again, but I knew the possibility of sharing my first kiss with Adrien Agreste was practically impossible.

Authors note: if you think about it, impossible spells out: I'm-possible.

"I'll see you tomorrow Marinette." I smiled, "Bye Adrien." He gave me a cute grin before walking off. I let out a flustered sigh, I almost kissed him. I held hands with him. This was definitely the best night of my life. Tikki and I talked for a while, she was fangirling so hard and it made me laugh. I curled up in my bed, closing my eyes.

***
Alya

"Mrs. Bustier, I was womdering if I could change seats?" She arched her brow, "For what reason Alya?" I sighed dramatically. I wanted to change seats so Marinette and Adrien could sit next to each other, the thought made me smirk.

"Well, ever since yesterday when I was recording for the ladyblog, when I was going home I tripped and fell. My glasses broke and I want to be as close to the board as possible so I can see what's going on. It won't be for a while until we replace them."

I hated lying, but this was Adrienette we were talking about here, this was a very serious situation and we needed to get them together. Nino and I were actually starting an Adrienette club tomorrow! "Of course you can sit there Alya! Adrien can sit next to Marinette in the mean time."

I wanted to squeal and fangirl, but I simply smiled. "Thank you Mrs. Bustier." I inwardly screamed in delight but contained myself and sat next to Nino, giving him a thumbs up. He smirked and I could tell he was trying to contain himself too.

Adrien

Yesterday night was awesome, I almost kissed Marinette! As usual I came 25 minutes early, just enjoying the cool air and sunshine. Once I walked into the classroom Alya was in my seat, I arched a brow. "Sorry Adrien, I broke my glasses yesterday and I need to be as close to the board as possible." Alya explained.

I smiled, "It's ok. I don't mind." I was true to my word, I really didn't . Sitting next to Marinette would mean we could get closer, so as she walked through the door just before the bell rung she seemed surprised to see me sitting in Alya's seat.

"sorry Marinette, I broke my glasses so I have to sit in the front." Marinette just shrugged and sat in her seat. I smiled at her, and was it just my imagination or did she blush too? I shook it off as I payed attention to the to the teacher, not really.

I just couldn't get my eyes off Marinette, her pretty features stunning my eyes. My cheeks were a little red and I hope she didn't notice. I let my eyes wander to her lips, they looked so soft and smooth. The thought of her being my first kiss made a whole new shade of red coat my cheeks.

Her Sapphire Blue eyes, her midnight silky hair, her flawless frame, her soft light skin, I could name so many other things, but my thoughts were interrupted by the bell. It had really been that long? My cheeks went red, as every one gathered their things and left the classroom.

The day went on, I practiced my fencing and finished my homework. I sighed as I rolled around in my room on my chair that had wheels. "Kid, what the hell are you doing?" I chuckled at Plagg, "I'm bored." He smirked, "Ya know, if you give me cheese I'll give you something to do."

I tossed him a roll of cheese carelessly, he smirked and swallowed it in one bite. "Welp, I suggest you hang out with that Marinette girl, you like her right?" I nodded slowly, he pulled out my phone and tapped on her contact. "Hmm..." I frowned, we hadn't text at all.

I grabbed the phone and looked at the letters, confused on what to tell her. I slowly typed in:

Hey... You have any plans tonight?

~~1106 words~~