Chapter 16: Luka?

Adrien

"Happy birthday Marinette." I said softly, pulling out a bracelet from my pocket. She slightly gasped, as I began to wrap it around her wrist. She stopped me, "Adrien stop, that must've cost you a fortune!" She said, I chuckled.

"Well you're priceless." I said, finally clipping it as it draped around her wrist perfectly. She smiled a little, her thumb tracing the delicate thing that had A+M carved into the front.

She giggled as I set her on my bed, placing chaste kisses across her face. I nuzzled my nose against hers and smiled. "Adrien... What if we don't know each other in the future?" She asked suddenly, her expression barely readable.

"Impossible." I said confidently, "We're made for each other." She blushed a little, wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me in for another kiss. "Come on, we'll be late." I said as she offered me a breathtaking smile.

Thirty minutes later we found ourselves at the very diner that we first hung out at. Where we shared the same similarity of not having our first kiss. A large pepperoni pizza, mozzarella sticks, and four soda's placed on the table.

Alya and Nino wanted to see Marinette for her birthday, there was no saying no to that. Besides, I hadn't had a hang out with Nino for a while except for at school. I'm sure Marinette would love to catch up more with Alya.

It was lunch time by then, and we were heading to the bakery shortly after. I would love to meet Sabine, Marinette's mom. I was a little nervous but I hoped to make a good impression. "So," Alya began, as Nino bit into his pizza.

"Nino and I have been thinking, Prom is literally next week and we have to go shopping for dresses tomorrow." Alya urged, "And since it's your birthday, I'm paying." She declared, Marinette parted her lips to protest when Alya cut her off.

"Nope, no matter what you say I'm paying."

Marinette sighed and leaned against the back of the booth, as I chuckled a little. "I was thinking we could go casual, but not too casual, fancy, but not too fancy." Alya said and Marinette laughed. "What does that even mean?"

"Oh girl, you have a lot to learn. And all before college..." Alya said, as Nino kissed her cheek. We continued to talk, enjoying the snacks in front of us. By the time my soda was finished, we were out the door and headed to the bakery.

My father would kill me if he knew what I was eating today.

Especially since Marinette's mom was in the midst of making a cake. Marinette, Alya, Nino and I trudged along to the bakery. The moment I stepped through the doors the smell of cookies, cakes, and pies penetrated my nose and my mouth nearly watered.

"Alya, it's so good to see you!" Sabine greeted with open arms after kissing her daughter's cheek. "You must be Adrien." Sabine said, shaking my hand. I nodded, "That's me." I said, trying my best not to be nervous.

Marinette smiled and grabbed my hand, tracing her thumb across mine in an act of comfort. I smiled longingly at her before looking back at her mother. "I've heard quite a lot about you Adrien, you seem like a sweet boy." Sabine said.

"Now, who's up for strawberry cheese cake?"

***

Marinette

"Oh my gosh these dresses are perfect!" Alya said as we stood in front of the mirror. She was wearing a tight purple dress and some black heels. I was wearing a white knee length halter dress with a baby pink ribbon wrapped around my mid waist.

Alya squealed, clapping her hand and paying for the dresses shortly after despite my protests. We headed to a nail straight after for some manicures and pedicures. I went with my favorite french tip nails on my hands and toes.

Alya went with a purple nail color with silver. I was excited for prom, especially knowing who I'd be there with. Adrien, Alya, and Nino.

It was mind boggling knowing that none of this would've happened if I wouldn't have shown up to school early that day and Adrien hadn't come to talk to me for the first time. I couldn't imagine what my life would be like without him now, and honestly, I don't care if that sounds cliche.

Genuinely I wouldn't know what it'd be like without him. And frankly, I don't want to know what it'd be like without him.

Alya and I left the salon shortly after, Adrien and I were going to meet up at my place when I was home. I was excited to see him, and my mom was out with a friend so we'd get to have some alone time without my mom coming upstairs and checking on us every so often.

The moment I heard a knock on the door I ran to go get it immediately, a grin on my face as I was excited to see...

My smile faded.

"Luka?"