Chapter 21: Familiar

Marinette

I swear I knew that boy.

Something in me just wanted to hold him for some reason... I don't know why. I thought back to the bracelet I first saw when I woke up at the hospital. Apparently I had fell down the stairs which caused me to forget about what happened on my 18th birthday.

My mom said my dad was on some sort of business trip but she didn't tell me what it was. Luka wrote me a song that really made me blush every time I thought about it, he was sweet and he cared for me. He said he would never lie to me.

But I wonder what he wanted to talk to that boy about.

I was supposed to start school again tomorrow, but I was scared... For some reason I couldn't remember any of my classmates, just some of my old teachers that I had known since I was fifteen. My mom said that this was normal but she seemed... Off?

I wanted to ask about the bracelet, the M obviously stood for Marinette. But who could the A stand for?

Luka came back inside, smiling at me but it didn't reach his eyes. I curiously walked closer, peering out of the bakery windows as I could spot a head full of golden blonde hair before Luka cupped my cheek and turned my head to face him.

"When was that boy you were taking to?" I asked, he rolled his eyes. Why was he being so... Mean? Unlike himself? I couldn't quite describe it but he was off. "It doesn't matter. He's no one." He said, almost like a reassurance. But I was skeptical.

I was suspicious.

"But I swear I know him, I've seen him somewhere-" Luka cut me off, "Damn it Marinette just leave it alone! He's no one okay?! Just some stupid ass fucking model. " I stepped back, that was the first time in a long time Luka yelled at me. Why was he being so defensive?

His eyebrows narrowed, he knew he messed up. "Marinette I-"

"Just go..." I said, turning around and he placed his hand on my shoulder and started to say something but I pushed him away. "Just go Luka." I said once more. He frowned and took the vase of flowers he had given me before throwing it to the floor.

My eyes widened as he slammed the door to the bakery and left. I had never seen him act like that...

***

"Hey... Marinette right?" I liked to from the book I was reading and recognized the person standing in front of me. He had beautiful emerald green eyes that contrasted the color of his sun kissed skin, along with the golden locks of hair on his head.

I nodded, "That's me." I said, "I think I know you..." His lips parted, his eyes suddenly beamed with what looked like hope. "You're the boy who I saw at the bakery." I said finally, suddenly I could see his facial expression mold into something else... Almost like he was sad.

"Oh yeah... My name's Adrien." He said, "Can I sit?" He asked, I nodded and scooted to the side to provide more space in the bench. Adrien... His name started with an A. "Adrien..." I said, his name rolled off my tongue like butter, like I was used to saying it.

What was it about this boy that intrigued me so much?

I looked down, confused as hell as my mind was almost fighting with itself. Why do I feel like I know him? I don't know anything about him. "I know I'm reading a book... But I'm not into doing others homework for pay..." I said jokingly, my eyebrows furrowed as he chuckled a little.

"Don't worry, I'm not into paying people for doing my homework either." He said, looking at me with a small smile. Why did his unfairly attractive face have to be so familiar. I literally had to stop my own hand from cupping his face and brushing my thumb across his cheek.

What was wrong with me today!?

I gulped, "So, what did you come over here for then?" I asked curiously, he shrugged. "I figured I'd like to meet you. Make a new friend maybe?" I glanced at him and then back away, clearing my throat. "This might seem weird but... Do I know you from somewhere else? I feel like... Like I know you."

His head suddenly shot up, his eyes widened as he rubbed the back of his neck shyly. "Really? I do too..." He said, almost awkwardly. "I mean you never know, it's a small world." He concluded, staring back up at the sky. I nodded slowly, identifying his facial features...

There was literally no flaw... Perfectly shaped nose, sharp jawline and a chiseled face, emerald green eyes and tan skin... I knew this face all too well and I had no idea how. Those lips... Those perfectly shaped lips, they looked so soft.

My heart suddenly hammered in my chest as a crimson blush bloomed across my cheeks. I looked away just as he looked down at me, a small smile spreading across his face and he laughed a little. I looked back up at him in confusion.

"What is it?" I asked, slightly giggling as his laugh was contagious. He shook his head, grinning slightly. "We have to hang out sometime." He said, I smiled. "That'd be great, Adrien." I said, saying his name like it was mine to call him.

He was so... Familiar...