Chapter 22: Hang Out Number 2.

Adrien

"I'll pick you up at 6:00?" I asked and Marinette nodded, waving and offering me a heart melting smile before walking down the steps that lead to the school. She had known me for a year and a half, but now she had known me for five days...

I couldn't make any mistakes, Luka was waiting for her after school nearly everyday and I hated him with every part of my being. He made sure I saw him sling his arm around her shoulder when he walked her home.

What he didn't know was that Marinette was going to be with me tonight.

Plagg perked out from my jacket and smirked, he also happened to hate Luka for what he did. But then again, I also had to remind myself what it'd be like for him. But I would never leave Marinette, especially without saying goodbye and he did.

Sometimes I blamed him for Marinette losing her memory, but most the time... I blamed myself.

I could never get over the pain in my chest, my heart had shattered when I found Marinette lying on the street with blood coming from her forehead. I could never ever get that sight out of my head no matter how much I wanted to forget it.

I remember screaming for help, Alya crying in Nino's chest when the ambulance arrived. I remember thinking... What I have done? Luka was frozen and horrified, and when I arrived he had fled from the scene. He always had when Marinette needed someone the most.

It just wasn't fair. Not to Marinette at least. I got into the limo, driving home. I needed to take it slow with Marinette, but Luka was there and... Luka was already ahead of me. I didn't know what Marinette thought of Luka.

I know Sabine didn't like him very much, she said that she felt like although he had somewhat of a good intention, it just wasn't right the way he had achieved it. I completely agreed with her, I knew that Marinette wasn't a prize to be won...

But I love her so much... I don't know what I'd do without her.

***

After I took a shower I rummaged through my closet, putting on a pair of slightly worn out jeans and a black v-neck I wore a hoodie over my shirt just in case. I brushed my teeth and took a breath mint, putting on my shoes, some deodorant, and my usual cologne.

I was debating between taking her to the movies or to the cafe, where we first hung out. Maybe it'd trigger some of her old memories? I wanted to do my best to make that happen. I decided I'd go with the movies to make new memories.

As promised, I headed to the bakery to pick her up when it was 6:00. Taking a deep breath before walking through the bakery door. Sabine was standing at the counter, a smile spreading across her face as she saw me.

"Adrien what a nice surprise! It's good to see you dear!" She said, I smiled. "It's good to be here." She quickly gave me a hug. "Well help yourself to whatever you'd like. I know this is a hard time for you, it is for me too... Seeing her like this."

She sighed and shook her head, "That Luka really is manipulative... Just know that whatever happens, I'm rooting for you two." She said with a hopeful smile. "Marinette! Your friend is here!" Sabine called.

I couldn't mess up this opportunity. I waited a little while before the trap door to Marinette's room opened and my breath hitched in my throat. She saw me, walking down the steps with a beautiful smile and I wanted to just grab her face and kiss her.

Her hair pulled back into a effortlessly messy ponytail, wearing a black tube top and jeans. Her lips layered with her usual strawberry lip gloss and I could smell her sweet signature perfume. My heart ached when I spot the golden bracelet that draped around her wrist.

A+M...

"Hey Adrien." She said, "Have you already met my mom?" Marinette asked, I nodded. "U-um, yeah. It was great meeting you Sabine." I said and Sabine winked, "Great meeting you too Adrien. I guess I'll see you two later." She said giving me a thumbs up.

I opened the bakery door for her, she smiled at me and walked ahead. I immediately began conversation with her, getting to know her more even though I actually knew everything about her...

Her favorite color, her least favorite color, her favorite sketching strategy, her favorite movie, her favorite foods, her least favorite foods. The way she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear whenever she was nervous or the way she scrunched her nose when she got excited.

I loved everything about her.

"So what movie are we watching?" She asked, teasingly bumping into my shoulder. I smirked, "Fifty shades of Freed. Obviously." I said, looking down at her. The gorgeous girl had her eyes slightly widened and it didn't take me long before I burst out into laughter.

"I'm just kidding, shortie." I said smoothly, she furrowed a brow. "Shortie?" She asked, I nodded. "I may be way shorter than you but I'll still kick your ass Agreste." She challenged and I chuckled. "I wouldn't doubt it." I said, "That's if you could even reach this high.

She playfully glared at me with that beautiful smirk on her face. Sliding a strand of hair behind her ear. Why was she nervous? That was a good sign right? Did that mean she was uncomfortable or did that mean that she was starting to like me again? Pretty sure that was a good sign...

We continued our way to the theatre, of course I bought the tickets and cokes, despite her protest. But she compromised by buying the popcorn. Of course we didn't actually watch Fifty Shades of Freed... That would be awkward, and uncomfortable.

We watched Central Intelligence but I didn't really pay attention to the movie, I was too busy paying attention to her. Besides I had already seen the movie a few times and each time she giggled at a funny scene, or cringed, or pouted her lip out of pity, I knew there was no way... We could be just friends.