Chapter 17: Ladies First

Marinette

"Luka? What are you doing here?" I asked, trying not I sound rude as I was, but I wasn't technically happy that he was here. "Marinette... I really needed to ask you something." Luka insisted, narrowing his eyebrows.

I crossed my arms, closing the door and stepping outside. "What is it?" I asked, concerned and slightly curious. He took a deep breath, my eyes widening as he pulled out a pink rose. "I was wondering if-"

"Marinette?"

As soon as I heard my name I recognized the person who said it immediately. My heart fluttering at the mere sight of him. Adrien Agreste. "Adrien, this is Luka. Luka, this is Adrien." I said, walking over to Adrien and taking his hand in mine.

"Nice to meet you." Adrien said, Luka looked at the rose in his hand. Then at my hand, which happened to be holding Adrien's. He swallowed, hard. And I knew that face, the face that you make when you're genuinely hurt.

I didn't say anything. I hadn't seen him in a while. What was there to say?

"Yeah... Um... I'm assuming you're a friend of Marinette's?" Luka asked, Adrien looked down at me with a smile. "Boyfriend." Adrien corrected while staring at me. "I'm assuming you're a friend of Marinette's?" Adrien asked and looked back at Luka.

Luka stared at the ground, not even caring to hide the rose as everyone has already seen it. "Yeah... You could say that." Luka said, his eyes looking up to meet mine. I looked away and back at Adrien as I slightly squeezed his hand in reassurance.

"Okay, it was nice seeing you again Luka." I spoke up, before anymore awkward silence could occur. He cleared his throat, nodding before turning away and walking down the block. I took a deep breath, guiding Adrien in the house and upstairs.

"Do I... Do I need to worry?" Adrien asked, sitting on my bed and I sighed. "No, I promise you have nothing to worry about. I haven't seen him since the last two years. Him showing up here was random." Adrien shook his head.

"You don't have any feelings for him?" He asked, I sighed and walked over to the bed. Wrapping my arms around his neck and sitting on his lap. "None." I said confidently, placing a kiss to his lips. He smiled a little, capturing my lips with his once more.

***

"Alya you look gorgeous!" I said as she finished up her makeup. We were getting ready for Prom, which happened to be in an hour... Adrien and Nino were going to pick us up at 5:00. "No girl, you look gorgeous." She said.

I laughed, "I haven't even finished my make up though." She rolled her eyes and picked up the brush, combing my hair. "You don't even need it." She said, taking a rubber band and pulling my hair into a bun. She pulled out a couple baby hairs to make my bun look more effortless.

"Adrien's jaw is going to drop." She said with a grin, handing me my dress and taking hers. "Let's change. Then we'll get to jewelry." Alya announced with a smile, I changed in the bathroom and she changed in the closet. When we both walked out we squealed.

"You look so pretty!" We both said, jumping up and down and then laughing. We chose out our jewelry after, Alya went with some golden colored hoop earrings and a necklace that stopped at her cleavage. I went with a golden colored necklace that made my halter dress pop out.

I obviously couldn't take out my earrings...

After finishing up our final touches of our make up, any ripples in our dresses, and each of us taking a breath mint, we headed downstairs. My mom gasped when she saw us, "You girls are so grown up..." She said, cupping her cheeks.

She looked like she was about to cry.

I smiled a little, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her into a tight hug. "I love you mom..." I said, taking Alya's hand and pulling her into the hug. "Crap my mascara, I don't wanna ruin your dresses girls!" My mom said, and I giggled a little.

She walked over to the counter and grabbed her phone, "I'll send you each a picture okay? Smile!" She said, Alya slung her arm around my shoulder, as we both grinned and my mom took a picture.

The doorbell rang, and Alya and do looked at each other with a grin. "Thank you Sabine. We'll see you later." Alya said and I have my mom one last hug before leaving to answer the door. I took a deep breath and have one last glance to Alya.

I gulped, easing out my shoulders and slowly opening the door.

Adrien

I lost my breath. I was speechless.

Marinette was beautiful.

A smile on her pink glossed lips, her blue bell eyes surrounded by her long thick lashes connecting with mine. Her dress fit her perfectly, and it was as if everything was in slow motion. In an instant, I fell in love with Marinette Dupain-Cheng, all over again.

"Hey Handsome. Ready to go?" She asked, smiling and exposing her purely white teeth. I wanted to just kiss the life out of her. "Ladies first..." I said, slightly dazed from her beauty. She nodded and headed out the bakery door.

I looked at Nino and he gave me the same look as he guided Alya out of the bakery. Marinette giggled at my reaction, taking my hand in hers as we started walking to the school.