+The Dinner Party+

At exactly 8:00 am the morning announcement came on, waking everyone up. I slowly crawled out of my bed and rubbed my head.

"Good god, it's so early"

I decided I'd head down to the cafeteria for some breakfast, although I wasn't too hungry.

When I arrived Akane, Nekomaru, Sonia, Gundham, Peko, Byakuya and Teruteru were all there.

"Ah, welcome Hajime!" 𝘛he ultimate princess greeted me.

"Good morning Sonia."

My eyes scanned the cafeteria searching for someone in specific, Komaeda. He wasn't there. I sighed and sat down at the table, eating the breakfast Teruteru had cooked for us.

"Tch, why do these fools take so long?"

"Byakuya, they just went through a traumatic experience, cut them some slack."

"So were we Sonia but here we are!"

Suddenly the doors open and I saw him, Komaeda. Behind him shuffled in Chiaki and Kazuichi. Nagito's eyes met mine, and he smiled softly.

"Hi Hajime, how're you feeling?"

"Could be better."

"It's okay, your hope will guide you through this!"

The ultimate lucky student gave me a grin that gave me hope I'd get out of here alive. I was about to say something else to Komaeda when I was interrupted.

"We need a plan in order to escape"

"We aren't going to find one Byakuya"

"Ooo what if we have a party or something?" 

Ibuki's idea was good, and everyone agreed. We decided to use the old dining hall we found on the island, however it was dirty so someone had to clean it up.

"Well, we all agreed Teruteru would cook so who would like to clean?" I asked everyone but nobody volunteered.

"how about we draw straws?" Komaeda suggestion wasn't bad.

"the shortest straw gets to clean the dining hall."

Komaeda ended up getting the shortest straw.

"W-what?" Komaeda seemed confused

"Haha not so lucky now are you Nagito?" I teased.

"I'll be okay! I'll get it straightened up before tonight."

Later that night

We all secretly went to the dining hall without anyone knowing. Chiaki stood guard and well, Fuyuhiko never showed up.

Teruteru's cooking was amazing, he had prepared so much food. Nagito's cleaning was excellent too, the place almost looked new.

"Hey Komaeda, I could've helped clean you know?"

"It's fine, trash like me deserves to do the dirty work, unlike you ultimates!"

"Komaeda, stop that. You're not trash. Also, you're an ultimate yourself aren't you?"

"Maybe, but compared to you all I am just an ant."

"That's not true! You were chosen to come here right? You're just as good as the rest of us, not any less."

Nagito stayed silent. He leaned closer to the wall and looked towards his shoes. I uncomfortably shifted waiting for him to say something, or for him to even recognize what I had said.

"Nagito? Did I say something wrong?"

Silence again. Komaeda sighed and took another sip of his punch. He swirled the ice around in his cup and looked in the opposite direction of me.

"No Hajime. You didn't say anything wrong, it's just-"

Komaeda paused again, taking another sip of his punch. He returned his gaze to me and gave a weak smile.

"You didn't do anything wrong Hajime! Nobody's complimented me before so its kind of unnatural to me."

I didn't know how to respond. How was I supposed to respond? I guess Nagito noticed me pause for a bit.

"Ah I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I'm going to get some more punch, be right back ok?"

As soon as Nagito left I felt alone. Everyone else was talking to someone and now I had nobody. Maybe it wasn't such a big deal, but I did enjoy talking to Nagito.
Just when I was about to go after Komaeda, a short pink haired girl approached me, I guess she was done keeping guard.

"Hey, Hajime."

"O-oh hi Chiaki!"

Chiaki and I talked for a while, I had lost sight of Komaeda though.

"Hey, Chiaki.. Have you seen Komaeda anywhere?"

"Hmm no, I haven't, the last time I saw him was when he was getting punch."

That was odd, it had already been almost 30 minutes since he was gone. But why am I even worried about him anyway?

Out of absolutely nowhere, all the lights turned off. I heard a blood-curdling scream which I could only assume was from Ibuki.

"Chiaki?" I called out for Chiaki but there was no prevail. I held onto the wall until the lights finally came back on.

Everyone looked about but we were missing some people. Teruteru, Peko and Byakuya. Teruteru was in the kitchen, but we couldn't find Byakuya. However, I did notice someone coming from underneath the table.

I slowly walked towards the table, each step making my heart race faster. People stopped what they were doing and watched me.

"hey Hajime, what're you looking at?" asked Akane.

I didn't answer. I really hope this was just a hunch, that I was just being paranoid. That Byakuya was just outside the dining hall, or even went back to his cottage.

But when I slowly pulled the table cloth up, the last bit of hope I had at that moment was flushed down the drain. There he was, Byakuya Togami's body was laying flat on the wooden floor, blood stained around him. I sat there, trembling in fear as I stared at the body of Byakuya who was just alive just a few moments ago...

"A body has been discovered"

Is this what Monokuma wanted? Yes. This was exactly what he wanted. I couldn't move, I was frozen in place. I felt a pair of hands shake me. I was in shock, I couldn't even tell who it was. Slowly my vision came back into focus, but I had already been pulled away from the table.
Komaeda sat next to me and talked to me calmly, I eventually snapped out of it.

"H-he's really dead..."

"Shhh calm down, we'll find out who did this"

Komaeda's words calmed me a bit, he had such a way with words that he could do that.

Mikan volunteered to do an autopsy on Byakuya, while everyone else did investigations. Komaeda decided to do his own investigating, while me and Chiaki worked together.

A/N
Well, it's currently 12:25 am and here I am. I hope you enjoyed chapter 3, I promise in the next chapter there will be a lot of Komaeda and Hajime moments!