5 🦕

Flashbacks will start with italic sentences.

It's been nine months since the incident at Jurassic World happened, and two weeks since I've tried to go back. I found out, after lots of digging, someone was sending small boats and helicopters to survey Isla Nublar for a while now, either to survey or retrieve something.

I tried to take it as my chance to go see Levi, but when I tried to get on board the boat, they said no women were allowed. I was pissed at that, but if I had forced myself too much, I would get arrested. Not only I would have a record, Damon would surely not let me leave the house again.

So now I was sitting on my work desk in my room, searching for new jobs. After the 'trying to get to Isla Nublar' incident, and many days without showing up, I was fired from my job at the zoo and needed to get a new one.

My brother was making big money as we moved to a more secluded house with an enormous backyard the size of a small farm, all thanks to Masrani – who I pray every night is in a better place. Even with that, I didn't want to depend on him. Something might happen, like it did to me, and he lose his job.

We now have a couple of animals on our 'farm.' Three horses, five cows, ten chickens, five ducks, four pigs, two cats, and a chubby squirrel that shows up every now and then, make up our animals list. I feed them every day, and Damon takes care of them on the weekends.

Levi's tooth was in my hand as I played with it as some sort of stress relief. I would do anything for him, if it meant I would see him again, even from afar. It's all I ask for.

RING

My phone rang loudly from my bed. Letting out a groan, I picked my phone and saw an Unknown Caller on the screen.

"Hello," I answered.

"Hello, may I speak with Isabella Evans?" A male voice asked.

"May I know who is calling?" I don't want to tell it was me to someone I don't know. So many scams these days one can never be too wary.

"It's Eli Mills calling you from the Lockwood manor, the owner was once a friend with John Hammond. I'm sure you've heard of him," My eyes widen in surprise. While I was working at the Jurassic World park I heard once Dr. Wu say the name Lockwood. Later that day, I researched and found he was a millionaire of sorts that once partnered with Hammond to bring dinosaurs back to life.

"Umm, yes, this is Isabella Evans. May I ask why you're calling me?" I still don't know who he is exactly, but if he is calling from the Lockwood household he must know about me working with the Indominus back in the park.

"I want to ask for your help, I think Henry Wu already spoke about it with you," My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at my computer screen confused.

"I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're talking about."

"About the new dinosaur we are developing, we need your help in taking care of. Henry said you took care of the Indominus all its life, so we could really use your help," I think for a second.

Should I?

"Are you still in the process of developing it or is it already born?" I ask.

"No, it will take a long while to get it into an egg as we had to start all of it without the Indominus DNA, which would've helped us greatly until it is ready," I look down at my hand with the tooth at the mention of the Indominus.

"Sorry to ask this but, are you asking my help or offering me a job?" I don't want to sound like I was using this in my favor, but I needed a new job, and what better way to have one where I can take care of another dinosaur. Once you get a taste of what its like, you can never truly let it go.

"I'm offering you a job, Ms. Evans," My heart jumps at his words.

"Then I'll take it," Finally! I have a job!

"Great. Please tell me your email so I can send you all the details."

-------

I'll be doing some chapters like this, flashback-like, so the story lasts a bit longer and there's some backstory.

Hope you guys liked it. Let's get to 10 votes and 5 comments for the next chapter to be published.

Make sure to follow me!

Don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you in the next chapter.