23 🦕

On cue, the doors slide open, and behind the bright light, growls and bone hitting metal bars is heard, all before the never before existed and never seen black, golden striped hybrid came forth inside the caged moving platform.

Gasps of horror and surprise come one after the other from the shocked audience as they gaze at the beast presented in the cage. The men next to it hold electric batons in case anything dangerous happens. I made sure only to use it only when extremely necessary. The side effect of the electrical shocks is the worsening in Archer's twitching and claw clicks.

"The perfect weapon for the modern age. Built for combat with tactical responses more acute than any human soldier," My eyes divert from Archer, who is too busy growling at the terrified audience around him, to the top of a wall where I see three heads hidden behind a fancy iron grid.

Maybe some curious staff. Can't blame them though. This is not an everyday event.

Archer growls, roars, and gurgles at the audience, begging to have a taste of their blood. His skin flinches as his claw ticked on the metal floor, a clear sign for anyone that looks for it he is not perfect but a faulty prototype.

But for me, he is more than perfect.

"Designed by mister Henry Wu. The intelligence quotient comparable to the Velociraptor. Bio specs include a heightened sense of smell and trained to respond to a pulse-coded laser targeting system. Enabling it to isolate and track prey in complex environments," Archers purpose and result of intense, cruel training. "Voilà."

One of the security raises his gun, turns on the laser, and points it to a young man in the audience.

"Now first, the laser sets the target," Archer's eyes snap to the direction of the laser, giving no thought of what he was trying to intimidate moments prior. His eyes are dead set on the man, and only one thing can make him look away. "Once locked on, the acoustic signal triggers the attack," On cue, the high-pitched alarm comes from the gun and Archer turns into the killing machine he was made to be.

The audience falls back and screams as Archer lashes and claws the cage, trying his best to reach the terrified man between roars and growls. The noise is cut shortly after so Archer does not harm himself more than he should, both physically and mentally.

"Now, modifications are still being made-" Gunnar is cut by a man with a heavy accent – whom I have no knowledge of who he is.

"Thirty million!" My head snaps to Gunnar with my eyes wide open. 

He is not for sale.

The two men in charge of the event exchange looks, provoking anger to rise inside me.

"T-This is a prototype, not for sale," Gunnar tries to stop the bids with a pathetic stutter.

"Thirty-one!" Another shouts.

"Well, it is still a prototype, but-" I walk over to Gunnar and harshly whisper into his ear.

"He is not for sale," I'm the only one that notices the unusual silence from Archer. From the corner of my eyes, I can see him staring at me.

"Thirty-two," The bids continue coming nonstop. I swear I almost kill the man when Eli nods at Gunnar.

"You bastard!" I whisper-yell at Eli with fury coursing through my veins.

"Thirty-four million dollars," Gunnar announces. Before I can punch the two, Henry comes next to us and holds me back by the arm. Again, only I hear the low growl coming from the cage.

"What are you doing? This animal is not for sale," Henry says. At least one of these men disagrees with this absurdity.

"if you wanna create an addict, you have to give them a little taste," Eli explains.

"He's a prototype," I argue.

"Well, this prototype is worth thirty-eight million dollars, right now. Relax," Eli looks both at Henry and me. "We'll make some more."

"So will they," With that Henry walks away, leaving me behind, fuming and glaring at Eli.

"He is mine. Archer is mine you greedy fucker," I throw professionalism in the garbage.

"Woah, watch the language little girl," He scoffs surprised. "If you try to disrupt this I'll have you escorted out of here," He threatens. A smirk forms on my lips as I step closer to him, face to face.

"And I'll make sure you never see the Indominus Rex ever again," With a wink I step back and make my way between the people sitting down and the cage, feeling Archer's gaze on me. I hold an evil laugh from the look of confusion on Eli's face.

"Sold, to a Russian friend," Gunnar announces just as I reach the elevator doors. As soon as they open I see something unexpected. I step to the side and let the Stygimoloch aimlessly turns around in the elevator to face the open doors.

"Let the fun begin," I smirk. Shit is about to get real.

--------------

You guys got to 20 votes pretty quick, I'm impressed. Can we get 25 votes for the next chapter to be posted?

Sorry if you were expecting my own plot, but to make the story come to an end faster I'm using the movie and for you guys to get it updated sooner.

Shit's about to go down if you've seen the movie and know what is about to happen.

Make sure to follow me!

Please don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you in the next chapter.