12 🦕

I walk away from the group, making sure to turn on the tracker and not to draw any attention. I have to know that there is someone that is going to say I got into the other car to Claire and Owen while I search for Levi.

I can't have them come after me. I am lying enough. As planned, I am notified that the team tracking is following behind me from afar. The first thing I do was go to the side of the Mosasaurus water. The fence is broken, so it makes it easy for me to jump in the water.

I throw large rocks on the water to make large splashes to attract the giant beast, but after two minutes of waiting for any significant movement, I know the Mosasaurus isn't in there. 

It escaped. 

This is terrible news. It is already bad enough to have sharks haunting the ocean waters; now, there is an eighteen-meter long carnivore swimming around. A surfer's worst nightmare might just become a reality. Now that I think about it, I remember Eli saying that they looked for the Indominus' remains. They must've opened the containment gate that is directly connected to the ocean. Clearly an engineering stupid mistake.

But but now is not the time to think about that. I have to find Levi as soon as possible.

It took twenty minutes of endless walking to find the first clue; a huge footprint on the muddy floor. It can be mistaken by the footprint of the T-Rex, but living with Levi for several months, I know exactly what his foot looks like.

It isn't fresh, but it isn't that old either; he must've passed through here about an hour or two ago. Even with the dense jungle, several mosquito bites, and the ground shaking from the erupting mountain, I am still focused and determined on finding him.

After a lot more walking and climbing, I reach a small hill that gives me a good look over the tropical forest. To the right is a small, tall grass field with no trees, and to the left is a small waterfall. Behind and in front are the dense trees that I could look over them without an end.

"Here goes nothing," I sigh to myself, blowing a deep breath. I place my thumb and index finger on my lips and blow air, making the sound of a loud whistle. It is the I trained Levi to respond to and find me. I wait a couple of seconds for any sound different from the ones coming from the volcano or the water falling before whistling again.

Nothing. Where is he?

Letting out a defeated sigh, I continue my way through the jungle, now going down to the field. Even though I have less area to see over, I am somewhat in the open. Not the smartest of moves since I can have some carnivore lurking in the dark, ready pounce on an easy prey.

Not very different from someone I know.

I check on the tracker to see the group was the exact distance I said them to be. They are smarter and more respectful than I thought they were.

Good, this way they won't be able to hear me. 

I stand in the middle of the field and surveyed the trees around, making sure nothing that might want to eat me is following behind.

"Here goes nothing, number two," I took a deep breath and cupped my hands around my mouth before shouting. "Levi!"

------

Clifhangeeeer! Yes, I'm that mean.

I found this cool Jurassic World poster and thought you would like it too.

Any clues on what might happen? Will she be able to find him? Is Levi even alive?

Make sure to follow me!

Don't forget to vote and comment on what you thought, and 'see' you in the next chapter.