Chapter 1: Those Eyes

I  sit here daily writing about how horrible people treat me but today is different. She smiled looking around at the people she never knew, only had classes with. A boy sat behind the tree she was sitting against, Just then some football players ran up to him yanking him to his feet and pushing him against the tree. Pretty hard to because I could hear the air escape his  lungs. " So faggot, got an appointment to fix your hair?" The guy smirked and said, "no but I've got a date with your mom." Just  as those words slipped through his pierced lips the blond football player drew back his fist and punched this guy right in his mouth knocking him off his feet. He laid there while the beat on him screaming names at him. They were finally satisfied and walked away laughing. He sat up brushing the long hair out of his face. I looked over and asked. "Are you okay?" He laughed and replied, "oh I'm fine you?" I threw a tissue at him and he wiped the blood off his lips and slid closer to me. "Dustin, you?" I stared at and quickly looked back down  at my notebook. "Melody...." slipped quietly through my lips. "Nice." He stood up and held his hand out. I stared confused at him. "C'mon I know you don't wanna be here anymore then I do." I hesitantly grabbed his hand and just as I did he tightened his grip and darted off dragging me along too. He jolted around the streets while he laughed like it was a game. He finally stopped to catch his breath. I stood there and he straightened up his stance an gestured me to follow so I did. We climbed on a bridge looking over hang and we sat there letting looking at the water running under it. I let my feet dangle around while he stared at the water as if  in deep thought. I tapped his arm and he snapped back into reality. He stared at me letting tears run down his face.  I didn't know what to say so I just kept my eyes locked on him. He bit his lip trying not to break down, so I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and in that instant he broke down crying harder then I've ever seen before. It hurt seeing him like this though. He kept his face against my shoulder and after and hour or so he quieted down staying against me.I opened my mouth to say something and he said "I'm sorry." I hugged him tighter and said it was okay. He pulled away and wiped off his cheeks staring at the sky. "It's getting dark, let me walk you home."  He  helped me up and grabbed my hand and we walked down a few streets together then we came to my house and he let go of my hand and began walking down the sidewalk "Dustin!" I shouted running up to him stopping a few feet away. "Will you stay tonight...I don't wanna be by myself.." He stared at me for a few seconds and nodded. We walked inside and up the stairs to my room. He looked around and laughed. "I'd never expect this out of  you." I asked myself what he  was talking about. "Um...what do you mean?" He laughed and jumped on my bed."The posters all over, you like the same bands I do." I sighed, "Yeah I like my music.." He laughed again and kicked  off his converse as I sat in my computer chair. He stared at me and  asked " so why did u want me to stay?" I looked away and whimpered. "Like I said I didn't want to be alone..." I stared at the floor and called myself stupid, he slid off the bed and pulled me out of the chair hugging me to his chest. He didn't let go for a little bit but I felt safe. "You'll never be alone again Melody." I slid out of his arms yawning slightly. "Getting tired?" I shook my head and slid under my blanket on my bed. He sat next to me on the edge of the bed, "do you want me to leave?" " NO! " I snapped back shocked as he rubbed my cheek. "I won't as long as you want me here." I yawned again and closed my eyes. He pulled off his shirt and threw it on the floor and slid under the blanket next to me. I felt my cheeks growing hotter as he sighed and stared at the ceiling. I rolled over to avoid him seeing my embarrassment, I started to doze off as I hear his heart pounding faster and faster. I was worried so i turned back over facing him hesitating to say something to him. As I did he stared at me with the most innocent green eyes I  had ever seen, he bit his lip slightly keeping his sight on me. All I could do was stare at him. We stared at each other studying every detail about one another. We passed out face to face. Breathing shallow but rhythmic, almost  like a song that wouldn't end...our song.