Chapter 10: So Much For Easy

I bit who ever had their hand over my mouth only to see it was Aiden when he screamed. "Geez Mel what the hell, trying to break skin?" He was upset now holding his finger and I felt horrible. "It was a water gun genius.." He explained he was trying to cheer me up when he saw me running. I felt even worse and he hugged me. "Don't worry about it alright." He smiles kissing my head. We walked up to an abandoned parking lot and we sat down catching up. "I'm sorry I bit you...just a lot has been going on." I sighed hugging my knees. "I understand but hey I was wondering since we haven't hung out in a while if you wanted to do something together?" He smiled laying his hand on mine. "Aiden...I already have plans with some other people." I managed to choke out of me feeling horrible for not only biting him but for not being able to hang out either. "Oh...well what are you doing if that's okay to ask?" He replied sounding glum. "I'm going out of town with some friends....we're going to warped tour." I stuttered. "Really?" He laughed. "That's where I wanted to take you." He laughed almost falling over. "Really?" I questioned looking slightly confused. "Yeah I wanted to do something you enjoy and the only thing I could think of was music." He smiled at me that same smile as when we first met. It was weird but I felt that same feeling I got with Munro. We stood up and he dusted off my butt smiling again. "Lemme take you home." He looked at me. "I'm not staying at home...I technically don't have a home anymore." I frowned staring at my feet. "Long story but I'm staying at a friends house." I slipped out. "Oh. Well then let me walk you there just so I know you're safe." He kissed my cheek walking beside me as we headed back to Munro's. It was a slight awkward feeling when I opened the door and Munro was sitting on the sofa with his head on his hands. "Munro...this is Aiden." I sighed looking down knowing he was upset with me running out like that. "Hey...I can leave if I need to." Aiden blurted out looking at me. Munro stood up not saying a word walking to his room slamming the door. I jumped and closed my eyes feeling even worse because now not only was he mad at me but he wasn't talking to me either. Lucy hugged me trying to be of help. "He was worried about you, we both were Melody what would have happened if Dustin would have found you?" She was mad at me too but at least she was talking to me. "I know Lucy I wasn't thinking and I'm sorry." I mumbled looking down. "Go talk to him." Aiden smiled pushing me towards Munro's room. "He won't talk to me...maybe I should just go." Lucy smacked me pushing me even further towards his room. "Shut up and go talk to him geez." She smirked knocking on his door and walking away leaving me standing there. Munro cracked the door looking at me and opening it slowly walking back over to his bed sitting on the edge of it holding his head again. I felt so bad for hurting him and I didn't know what to do, I was about to lose my childhood friend. I eased over next to him and sat in front of him on the floor looking up at him. "Munro..I'm sorry about running out like that...I just didn't know how to handle that." I sighed looking down trying not to cry. He laid his head on mine making me look up to him. "Melody you scared me more then you ever have....I thought I was going to lose you again..."He choked up letting a tear run down his pale skin. "I'm sorry." I slipped out looking at him. "Please don't cry." I looked at him more and more upset with myself kissing him softly. "Please stop crying." I said getting to my knees hugging him to me. He grabbed me close to him hugging me tightly burying his face against my shoulder. "Melody don't ever do that again." He sobbed hugging me tighter. I was in shock and paralyzed by him being like this all I could do was say I wouldn't do it again and hug him.