Chapter 2: Smile for you

I rubbed my eyes and yawned realizing what had happened last night. I sat up looking to see where Dustin had gone, I didn't see him so I pulled back the blankets and ran to the bathroom getting the fastest shower I could and came running out. "MORNING SLEEPY HEAD!" Shouted Dustin scaring me enough to knock me off my feet. "Melody!"  Dustin screamed running up and kneeling next to me. "Are you alright?" He said looking me over shocked. "I'm alright Dustin don't worry about it." I said rubbing my thigh. He stared at me and bit his lip as I got up adjusting the towel further down. "You sure...you're okay?" I steadied myself realizing I was half nude in front of an almost complete stranger. I walked over to closet slightly rushing to open it and block his view. "Turn around!" I yelled hastily. He laughed to himself turning around. I pulled on some skull undies and just as I got them to my hips he peeked out of curiosity to catch a view of my bare back and legs with nothing but those small undies on. I slipped on my drop dead teeshirt and dark skinnies as he laughed more. He handed me coffee he had gone out for looking down at my shirt with a tear across the chest. "Stop staring!" I yelled blushing slightly. "Sorry" he replied looking down now upset. "Dustin..." He turned to walk out as I grabbed his wrist but he pulled away walking out leaving me standing there looking pretty foolish. I started to cry and ran into the bathroom yelling at myself realizing I just blew things with the only one I could consider a friend. I slammed the door crying staring at my reflection in the mirror. "You're an idiot Melody! What is your problem?! Do you wanna be alone forever!" I screamed as I drew back my fist hitting the mirror till it broke but busting my hand pretty bad too, the blood ran down my arm to my elbow into the sink watching the water and blood run down the drain. "Ow" I whined as it stung trying to clean up the wound as best as I could with alcohol. I looked under the sink for something to cover my hand. "Damn....ahah!" I laughed finding gauze under my sink and started wrapping up my hand. I walked in my room sliding on my vans and an arm warmer to cover the bandages. I grabbed my bag and started walking to school where I knew today was gonna be a long day.