Chapter 4: What about Dustin...

He opened his car door for me and got in driving down to the local starbucks parking off away from other cars. "You sure you're okay?" He said looking at me worried. "Yeah let's just go okay I'm sure you have a lot to tell me." "Yeah.." He said getting outta the car opening my door again for me. We started to walk inside and he laid his arm around my waist making sure I was okay with it. I just kept looking up at him, he was smiling that same smile he had when I woke up. Just as we were halfway through the parking lot Alana was walking out with Zoe and Breah her sidekicks right behind her. "Well look here looks like emo girl has a friend." They laughed at me as I hid against Munro's side. He hugged me closer to him before yelling at them. "Why don't you 3 back the fuck off she did nothing to you so go out back where the trash belongs you fucking bitches!" They just looked at him in shock and I did to as he held me closer walking right past them with an evil smirk on his face. I could hear the girls behind us just as mad as can be storming off. We walked inside and waited for a few people ahead of us. "Pssst...what do you want?" He leaned down asking me. "Something to keep me awake." He placed our order and we waited patiently for a few minutes then headed back outside. It was starting to rain pretty hard and we got back to his car as he pulled down his hood handing me my coffee. "Little wet?" He laughed at me rubbing my cheek dry with his jacket sleeve. In my head I knew I was growing fond of him but I was scared too. "Yeah." I replied looking dumbfounded. He flipped his hair out of his eyes just enough to catch a glimpse. "Wow." I piped up as he looked me straight in the face. "What?" He asked looking confused. "Your eyes....never seen some like that." I said still in shock. He had such pale blue eyes they were almost white with the dark blue streaking through, they were hypnotizing. I stared into his eyes as he did the same to me as if just for a moment...everything disappeared. We started to talk about our childhood and he told me about us growing up together until I moved away. It was so long ago I had nearly erased it from my memory, but I'm glad I didn't. We watched the rain pound the windshield so beautiful to watch yet a thought slipped into my head. "Dustin.." I slipped out realizing I was thinking out loud. "Who?" Munro looked at me questioning. "No one just this guy I met, he ran off this morning and it completely slipped my mind. Fuck!" I yelled smacking myself in the head. "You really have to stop that Melody I can't watch you hurt yourself." He said starting up the car. "I'll take you back home alright?" I nodded just as a song came on that brought a chilling memory back over me. Munro knew something was wrong when I was just staring out the window not saying a word but he didn't ask. We pulled up to my house and I got out of the car walking up to the door turning back to Munro. "When can I see you again...." I asked looking back into those eyes of his. "I'm not going very far Melody." He said giving me a slip of paper with his number and address, I looked back at him as he hugged me tight but that safe feeling. I smiled at him and he nearly fell down the stairs rushing back to his car trying to avoid embarrassment but I laughed anyway walking inside. I was happy....shocked to feel that emotion again after so long but I was happy.