Battle Of New Berk & The Hidden World's Fate

"Your hard work has borne fruit: delicious deadly wooden fruit, that is! The beaut is ready, but I'd love to calibrate it against airborne enemies. Can ya and Storm meet me down by the catapults?" Gobbler had asked us, we visited the defense emplacements and Mulch had a weird expression that meant danger was coming.

"Look at the horizon. Is that a... swarm of dragons headed toward us?" He said with a shaky voice, I squint my eyes as I could see Grimmel approaching on his airship, along with his Deathgripper's and Cloudjumper. "Well, no time to test things. We're gonna have to jump in headfirst into battle and hope that the catapult does the job. (Of course she will - look who created her!) Before I rush into battle prep, Hiccup said he had the latest version of the antidote ready. Find him and figure out the plan!" He yelled, he launched a boulder at one of the Deathgripper when they fired acid, which set the trees on fire instantly.

"We got a problem. I was going to administer the antidote for Cloudjumper, but Toothless is still nowhere to be found. Someone else is going to get close enough to Cloudjumper without being shot out of the sky. Are you sure you want to do it? It's going to be dangerous. I can't ask you to volunteer." I shake my head, I want to do this.

"How about you, big guy? Do you want to help us out? Y/N, this Deathgripper might trust you since you saved him. Will you get closer to the dragon, show him your hand, and carefully approach him?" I carefully approach the Deathgripper, he lowers a pincer down and allows me to mount on him.

"Good. Now with any luck, you'll be able to blend right in with the enslaved Deathgrippers in Grimmel's army. We might have a chance after all. We'll engage his forces in the front to give you the distraction you need to get to Cloudjumper. If you follow the waterfall, you might be able to slip past his guards. Good luck!" The Deathgripper spreaded his dark, red wings and flew downwards.

'According to Hiccup, I might be able to avoid being spotted if I fly to the bottom of the waterfall. I should go down the waterfall while keeping close to the ground.' I patted the Deathgripper's head and he flew to the bottom of the waterfall, then we flew behind the invaders.

'There! Cloudjumper's at the front of the battle. I might be able to get the jump on him if I fly above the airship and approach him from behind!'

We approached Cloudjumper from above the airship. So far, it was going well. I slid off the Deathgripper's back and quietly landed on the airship. But, then- "And what do you think you're doing on this ship, little rider?" I froze in place, only moving my head down to meet Grimmel's gaze. "Try anything you would like. Please, indulge yourself! There is nothing you can do to change this unchangeable fact: your precious Stormcutter is mine." I glared at him with great hatred, I stood up and ran across the airship and onto Cloudjumper's back. I used the antidote on Cloudjumper, he turned his body around and was shooting Grimmel's airship.

"Good job! Looks like you got him. We need to press the advantage and give Cloudjumper time to fight off the venom. Let's give Grimmel the fight of his life!" I jumped off his back and onto a dragon. I thought at first that it was Storm, but it was the Light Fury! She cooed at me when she landed with Toothless and Hiccup, who had his weapon up and ready.

Time skip after the battle......

After the battle had concluded, Grimmel was residing in his airship after his crushing defeat. "What? But... how? How could you possibly... ?" Grimmel said while coping his defeat. "It seems I underestimated you. I will give you a victor's due and retreat from the battlefield. Rest assured: I will be better prepared the next time our paths cross. My congratulations to you and your master Hiccup. Savor it; this will surely be the last time." Grimmel turned away with his airship, and any leftover men he still previously had.
"They're retreating! We did it! Amazing work, Y/N! Will you meet me down there?" The Light Fury let me down and flew off with Toothless back to the Hidden World annex.

"I can't praise you enough for your heroics. I shouldn't have bothered worrying, though; you looked like you were having a great time fooling Grimmel's forces. And I shouldn't forget about your dragon buddy. They looked amazing out there, zipping past the enemy with ease! What's his name?" I honestly didn't know what to name him. "Wildfire, because his fire ignited and spreads out quickly, just like a fire in the forest would."

The Adult Deathgripper grunted as a response. "Well it's very nice to meet you, Wildfire. Thanks for saving Cloudjumper with Wildfire, Y/N. We won't forget it. There are a hundred things to wrap up before we can call this place our home, and my attention is needed elsewhere. Valka asked me to send you her way; can you talk to her while I wrap a few things up?" Walking over to Valka, she gave me a quick hug and released me.

"I wish that dragons could live without fear of the warlords, Grimmel's machinations, and Stormheart's clutches. While these enemies roam the archipelago, I fear that our job will never be over. There are many problems to solve, and the first we should address is the Hidden World Annex. I will bring Hiccup there so that we can address it right away. Can you head to the School while he wraps up his duties here?"

Another time skip to the school......

"Ah! A messenger of news -- good news, I hope. Please, come here and regale me with the tales of New Berk. Did Heather reach New Berk in time? Did the antidote work? Are our dragons safe?" Headmaster said frantically. "Yes, everyone did great and we managed to defeat Grimmel there." Elizabeth pointed out.

"As much as I hope that is the last time we hear of Grimmel, I know in my heart that is not the case. A man like that will only stop when he hs accomplished his goals. We cannot let him do so; nay, we will not let him.
Valka is right. The Hidden World Annex will be a tasty target to our enemies. We cannot keep it hidden forever. Enemy ships probe our defenses every week and it will only be a matter of time before they find this cave entrance." Everyone agreed.

"If they find the Annex, they can find the Hidden World... and that is unacceptable. Let us enter the Annex and join Astrid and the others there.

We all flew in the annex, Hiccup, Astrid, Valka, and the Headmaster was already there by the time we landed on the smooth ground. "My word! The beauty of this strange and mysterious place takes my breath away each time I see it. It astounds me that it was below our School this whole time. Ah! The chief is already here. Good. With the decision maker here, we can come to an agreement and get moving on implementing the solution quickly. Valka! All is well?" Valka nodded.

"Thank you, Heyral. Cloudjumper is shaken, but it will take more than the likes of Grimmel to shatter his spirit.
Cloudjumper took a flight around New berk to clear his head and now he seems as dedicated and strong as ever. He wanted to thank you himself, Y/N. Would you talk to him?" I approached Cloudjumper and he roared proudly in front of me as a sign of gratitude. Next was Astrid, she pulled a crate and set it on the ground. She opened the lid to reveal a symbol on the shields that were inside.

"This will be the start of a new organization: the Defenders of the Hidden World. Our job will be to protect the Annex and protect dragons everywhere. Once the students of the School of Dragons learn enough about dragons to be able to defend them, they'll join us." Astrid explained, she motioned her head toward Hiccup.

"I wish that it didn't have to be this way. I wish that dragons could live in harmony but we can't change our world. What we can do is keep everyone safe. Someday Toothless will need to leave us as the Alpha of all dragons, but that day isn't today. We're going to work together to defend the world we love. Right, Toothless?" He roared as an answer and all of our dragons flew in unison with them around the cave entrance, it seems we wouldn't leaving each other just yet; and, my bond with the Light Fury seems to be growing. She's grown to be trust us, and our dragons. Perhaps myself and her will be the best of friends.

The Light Fury flew away from the group and landed in front of me, She stood on her hind legs and sat down. "I think she wants you to your new friend." Ashley said quietly. Looking away from her, I stretched my hand out to her, and I felt smooth scales against my hand. Her oval, blue eyes opened and she fully trusted me. "It seems the Light Fury fully trusts you, Y/N. You have proved yourself to her, and we can all respect her decision." Everyone nodded at Valka's comment. "Sky? Can that be her name?" I mumble to myself.

Hiccup nodded. "Yeah, it makes sense. The Light Fury can blend into the sky. Just makes sense." He said to us. "We promise to protect your home, Sky. I swear to my life. We will be the Defenders of the he Hidden World."