Week 4: Monday

Work is slow, but I still try to avoid people the best I can. I make sure to take the long way around the restaurant away from the bar. Yes, I know I just need to face Brandon, but I like to put things off until I have to face them head on.

At one point in the night my station runs out of napkins and I go get some to refill it. As I grab the napkins, I put one too many and they all fall from my hands. A sigh escapes my mouth and I get on my knees to start to pick up my mess. I get about half of them up when I see another pair of hands start to help me gather them. I look up and meet Brandon's brown eyes.

"Thank you," I say as he hands me the last one. Brandon gives me a small smile and nods his head. We stand up at the same time and I place all the napkins on the nearest counter. "I'm sorry," I hear him say before I face him again.

"Brandon," I begin to say, but he interrupts with, "No just listen please. I'm sorry for making you doubt me. Mel I'm not that bad, I just got angry seeing someone put their hands on you without permission. I know I took it too far and I'm sorry for that, but I'm going to try harder for you. Why don't you come over after work to my place to study?" I stare at him without saying anything. I can see sadness on his face, this must really tear him up. "Okay yeah, after work I'll head over to your place," I finally reply.

While at the computer, suddenly, I feel a pair of arms wrap around me from the back and a kiss is placed on my cheek. I turn my head to see Brandon standing there with a smile. "Goodbye until later," he whispers then releases his arms from around me. "See you soon," I tell him before he starts to walk away. He turns the corner, but soon I see his face pop back out and gives me a wink. I roll my eyes and walk to the kitchen. What has Brandon so happy?

I'm filling up the water jug, thinking about what exactly does Brandon hope will come out of tonight? There's something that I'm missing here. "Are you done?" I hear a voice rudely ask behind me. I turn around and see an emotionless Derek standing there.

"All yours," I comment while grabbing the jug I was filling. Before I get too far I hear him say underneath his breath, "Thanks Princess." The words were full of anger and not at all from the Derek I've come to know. I guess I didn't realize it was that bad between us.

As I finally end my shift I lean against the wall in Mikey's office. "Long night?" Mikey asks while looking over my cash. "You could say that," I reply while going to sit in the chair across from him. "I have something that will cheer you up," he declares. I look at him and raise my eyebrows. "Oh yeah? Please continue," I question. He gives me a small smile before continuing with, "Well now I'm not sure if you'll like it, but I thought we could go dancing at the country bar I told you about." Oh dear.

"I don't..." I begin to say, but he interrupts with, "Mel I want to live my life trying new things and sometimes that requires you to go out of your comfort zone. Then sometimes those kinds of experiences can be the best kind. So, what do you say? Will you do this experience with me?" I bite my lip and look away from him not sure how to reply to his plead. "I'll go," I finally answer. Mikey quickly asks me, "You'll love it Mel. Is Friday okay for you?" I nod my head and give him a small smile. I hope he's right.

Finally on my way to Brandon's place, I can't help but feel kind of excited for tonight. I mean I know it's just a study session, but his behavior earlier keeps playing in my mind. As I park my car I find myself straightening out my clothes, which I'm not sure why since I'm still in my work outfit. The thought of going home to change never even crossed my mind. I mean I'm already here, so I suppose it doesn't matter now.