Week 5: Saturday

Slowly making my way up to my apartment, I feel like I could fall over from exhaustion any second. This while week after the concert I've been sick and resting a lot. As I get to my door, the apartment across from me opens their door and out walks Derek. We lock eyes for a moment and I nod my head at him, which he returns before leaving.

Once inside, I crash on my bed and instantly fall asleep. However, the vibration of my phone pulls me out of sleep and I fumble to find the phone. "Yes?" I answer without looking at who is calling. "Would you happen to be home?" instantly recognizing Brandon's voice.

"I am, why?" I question. I hear him laugh and finally reply, "I'm downstairs and I need your help." This causes me to sit up and have my full attention. "Wait, what? You're downstairs? Like at my apartment complex?" I begin to ramble out questions. "Yeah Mel, come downstairs and you'll see," he calmly answers. "Okay be right there," I eventually comply.

I turn the corner to the parking lot and find a happy Brandon leaning against his car. "Nice clothes," he comments. I blush with slight embarrassment, once realizing I still have my work outfit on. "Thanks," I try to play it off, but this only makes Brandon smile bigger. Making his dimple really pop.

Those damn dimples.

He turns away from me and pops open his car trunk, revealing a whole bunch of groceries. "Did you buy my groceries?" I ask, kind of confused now. "No, well not exactly, it's for the meal I'm going to make for you. Correction, the meal we're going to make," he tells me while grabbing most of the bags then placing a kiss on my forehead as he walks past. I grab the remaining bags and shut the trunk, while following him up to my apartment.

After I take a quick shower, which I felt bad to do so, but I was kind of gross since I didn't take one after work. I find Brandon in full action getting this dinner ready. Once he takes notice of my presence his face lights up and a smile appears.

Those dimples.

I look away from his stare and feel my cheeks heat up. Why am I getting flustered from just a smile in my direction?

"I'm happy you're back, because you can help me now. I did say WE were making dinner, not just me," he tells me while giving a wink at the end. "Okay. Okay Mr. Boss guy, what can I help with?" I question while standing beside him and leaning against the counter.

"Well the meat is cooking, so I'll need to keep an eye on that and make sure it doesn't burn. So, you can finish cutting the vegetables for the side dish. You'll need to add salt and pepper when you cook them," he replies while not looking away from the knife he's cutting with.

"I can cook the meat," I suggest, which causes him this time to stop cutting and place the knife down. "Have you done it before? I mean made this before? Not that I don't think you can, because I'm sure you can, but this is my favorite meal and I want it to be perfect for you..." Brandon begins to ramble, but I interrupt him by placing a kiss on his lips.

He pauses, but soon kisses me back and pulls me against him. As we separate, he places one last kiss on my cheek and tells me, "Thank you. I guess I'm just a bit nervous for tonight. You can cook the meat love, that's fine with me. If you're happy, I'm happy."