Week 5: Sunday

The morning shift on Sunday's are full of people coming from church and today I cannot handle them. I feel like there are more kids than usual, which means more of a mess I must deal with. Maybe it was last night that has ruined today, but all this morning at work I want to yell at every customer I have. Every extra thing they want makes me feel as if today I have a bunch of needy people.

Today is not my day.

I plan to curl up on my bed and watch as many episodes of whatever I feel like for the rest of the day. I unlock the apartment door, however, find I don't think my plan will go according to. I walk through the door and see Mikey at the table with Bree and Taylor.

They're playing some card game and for the first minute or two don't even notice me standing there. I stomp around my feet and finally all three of them turn their heads towards me. "Oh, you're home already?" Bree asks right before slamming a card down and high fiving Taylor. "Yeah," I reply while making my way to my room.

"Mel wait!" I hear Bree call. I stop in my tracks and allow her to continue, "Taylor and I are going to the movie's in an hour. I invited Mike along, hoping that you'd come too?"

My mouth tightens and I close my eyes to keep calm. I do not need this. My doubts about Mikey are something I didn't want to deal with today, yet here is Bree forcing this on me. "Sounds great," I barely get out before I make it into my room.

However, I only get my shoes and socks off before there's a knock on my door. I open the door and see Bree cheaply smiling at me. As she shuts the door behind her, I fall back onto my bed. "It was Taylor that invited him and I couldn't come up with an excuse fast enough. I'm sorry please don't be mad," she confesses.

I lift my head to look at her, but only let out a sigh. "I ended things with Bash last night. We got into a huge fight and I feel drained after that. Also, I'm confused about my feelings for Mikey," I finally update her about things. "Well tonight will be interesting," Bree comments. A small laugh escapes the both of us and I roll my eyes at her.

An upsetting realization occurs as we're walking up to the box office, Bree and Taylor are holding hands, since they're a couple on a date. Meaning Mikey and I should be the same, except deep down I don't want to. It only gets worse when in the actual movie, because every jump scare I see Bree grab or lean into Taylor.

I find myself in the corner of my seat with my hands crossed on my lap, leaving Mikey no chances to either one: put his arm on my shoulder or two: grab my hand. I know I told myself that I'd go on one more date with him to see how I truly felt. However, I did not imagine it being to see a movie on a double date. Also, I would've loved it to not be today. Does this count as the date?

I let a sigh out and confront my fears. I move my drink to the other cup holder and lift the one between Mikey and I. He gives me a quick confused look, but in seconds I finally move closer to him and lean my head on his shoulder. He takes the motive to wrap his arm around my shoulder and I lean into him even more. If this is going to be the date, then I owe it to Mikey to actually try to figure things out.

The truth is though, Mikey and I both love scary movies. Except this feels wrong. 

The usual is on Mikey's leather couch with each of us on one end with our feet up, but we can still share the blanket.