Week 6: Wednesday

Beau's confession last night stirred something in me. I couldn't tell him about my feelings towards him. Once the words are said I'd never be able to take them back. However, as I fell asleep my dreams were filled with Beau. The way he kisses me, the way he was looking at me last night, and those words replay in my mind.

Do I really love him? A smile appears on my face just thinking about him saying I love you.

I think I do.

I think I love Beau.

"Hi Mel, you're up early," Bree comments as she walks out into the kitchen. I look away from the stove as I finish the eggs I'm making for the both of us and smile at her. "Yes, hi. I've had a restless mind, so I thought I'd start my day early. Actually, I'd like to talk to you about something," I tell her as soon as I place the eggs on plates and sit down across from her.

"Oh? Hope it's good news," Bree voices while trying the food and giving an approving nod. "Yes. Very," I reply with a short answer. I'm not sure how I'm going to tell her.

Should I just come out and be front about it? She is giving me a curious look and patiently waits for me to say something. "I'm falling for Beau," I finally confess.

The fork drops from Bree's hand and falls onto the plate making a loud noise. "Are you okay?" I ask, not sure what happened with her.

"No, I'm not. Melody, please by the grace of God, tell me you did not fall for Beau. He will only hurt you, just like all those other girls that fell for him. He never once cared for them. Melody, please tell me you didn't choose him," she replies with desperation. I flinch at her accusation and how she describes Beau.

"I know he's slept with others, but Bree he loves me. Last night he really opened up and confessed to being madly in love with me. He hasn't slept with someone in over 3 months for having feelings for me, so I trust him not to hurt me Bree," I try to add to help her understand.

I still don't understand her reaction. I knew there was a chance she could be taken back, but I thought she'd be happy to hear that I might have finally made up my mind.

Bree is silent as we stare into each other's eyes.

"He told you he loved you?" she asks.

I nod my head and go to say something, but she beats me to it. "He never falls in love," she says out loud, but not exactly directed towards me. She looks down at the table, then back up at me. That's when I see it, there are tears falling down her face.

Sadness fills me and I go around the table to her side and wrap my arms around her. "What's wrong Bree? What are you not telling me?" I question, while still trying to comfort her. She leans away from me and turns her head to look away. "Do you remember freshman year when I was really upset about everything?" she finally answers.

I nod my head and reply, "Yeah, when you were almost failing calculus. I remember, why?" Bree looks back over to me and confesses, "It wasn't because of my class. You were heartbroken with Jared's betrayal and I was so ashamed that I could never tell you the truth."