40

Jungkook's POV

"Where the hell have you been!?" Namjoon's voice was stern and scary but his facial expression was what really frightened me.

"Sorry Hyung we- we all went out for food..." I apologised and he sighed, "none of you wore masks or anything, the internet has been blowing up with photos of you and Jimin holding hands in the restaurant and Tae looking like a depressed third wheel. What is wrong with you three!?"

I looked guiltily over to Tae who just looked angry, "Namjoon, we just went out as friends to go and get dinner, I was a little upset to begin with but that doesn't concern you and I'm fine now, people can spread rumours all they want! You need to stop overreacting about these things Hyung!" Tae shouted in frustration and Namjoon looked taken back for a moment.

"Okay okay lets all calm down- I'm sorry I held your hand Jungkook I didn't think it was going to be this big of a deal." Jimin apologised and Namjoon sighed, "no I'm sorry. I shouldn't have started shouting at you the moment you walked through the door, it's just- we've talked about this Jungkook..." he turned and looked me in the eyes, disappointment laced in his features.

Namjoon is disappointed in me...

"I'm sorry Hyung..." I mumbled and looked down as I felt tears welling in my eyes, "I'll try harder..." I whispered out before I felt Jimin try to hug me, I pushed him away gently and shook my head before walking off to my room.

"I know you're worried about the group Namjoon, but you didn't have to make him that upset, he's still just a boy, he tries so hard to be the best for all of us... we don't deserve him." I heard Jimin speaking to Namjoon as I walked away and it took all my will power not to just run back and cry into his arms.

Once I reached my room I sat on my couch and buried my face in my hands, some tears dropped to the floor before I scolded myself and wiped my eyes, Jimin's right... We didn't do anything wrong! But even just knowing Namjoon is disappointed in me hurts, he's the reason I am who I am today.

There was a faint knock on my door and I stood to go and open it slightly to see who it was, I was shocked when a guilty looking Namjoon was on the other side, "What now Hyung..?" I mumbled as I walked back to sit on the couch.

"I'm sorry Jungkook, I know it's difficult for you, and I know you weren't even the one who started the hand holding thing, I'm just so worried about everything going wrong that I've found it easier to blame all the problems on you... and that's not right. I'm supposed to lead this group but I'm so focussed on not letting it fall apart that instead I'm causing it to." He sighed and sat beside me.

"You're not breaking the group Namjoon, everything is fine, I'm fine. Just please, let me have my friendship with Jimin at least, I know I can't have more but Jimin is clingy with all of us, please just don't see him and I any differently." I asked of him and he nodded.

"Yes, I'm sorry again Jungkook. I didn't mean to upset you." He apologised again and I pulled him in to hug me.

Suddenly there was another knock at the door, "come in?" I called and Jimin walked into the room, "oh, sorry, I didn't know you were in here Hyung." He looked flustered before Namjoon stood, "it's okay, I was just leaving. Thank you for not hating me Jungkook." He smiled and I laughed.

"I could never, thank you for understanding..." I put simply as Jimin was now in the room and he nodded knowingly before leaving both Jimin and I alone.

He sat beside me and put a hand on my knee, "are you okay?" He asked sweetly and I nodded, "I'm good now, thank you for standing up for me, I heard what you said to Namjoon, you do deserve me, sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to be here." I sighed and he frowned.