12

Xander awoke to the pilot announcing,

"We will arrive in Rome, Italy in ten minutes. Please return to your seats." Roxie stirred in his arms, her naked body rubbing against him. He was sorely tempted to take her again but knew they needed to get back to their seats.

"Mmm, where are we?" Roxie asked, her voice husky from sleep.

"Almost in Rome love, we need to get dressed," he said kissing her head, not interested in moving.

"We are almost in Rome!?" She shot up, excitement shining in her eyes.

"Yes, ten minutes." Xander sat up, enjoying her unabashedly hopping out of bed to get dressed. She looked around the room and paused.

"How did my clothes get here?"

"Probably the flight attendant." Xander stood, walking over to his pile of clothes. Shaking out the wrinkles, he dressed. Every chance he got he kissed or touched her until he was hard for her again, Roxie raised an eyebrow once her shirt was back on.

"We don't have enough time; will you be all right?"

"Not the first time I've gone without," Xander assured her and led her back to their seats.

"What are we doing first?" she asked, as the plane began its descent.

"I thought we'd get settled in the penthouse suite of my parents' hotel, The Austin Luxury. After that, we can go shopping for some clothes. I didn't want Evelyn waking you while she packed an entire week's worth of clothing."

"You are so sweet to me and you've known me for twenty-four hours."

"That's what we do when we dragons meet our mates. It is instant wanting to care for you and always make you happy."

"So it is the honeymoon phase of any relationship?"

"One that will never end. Mates don't cheat or break up; they are for life." He brought her hand up, kissing her knuckles. He would spend the rest of his life devoted to Roxie, making her happy.

"That sounds too good to be true. Mitch promised me forever, and I got three years. One of which he spent cheating on me with his younger, thinner assistant." Roxie's pain was palpable, he wanted to take it away.

"There will never be another for me Roxie. Let me spend this week proving how perfect we are for each other." He leaned over and placed a kiss on her lips.

"I hope you can, I don't want to be broken like this anymore. Since meeting you, my urge to paint has exploded. I am happy, I cannot wait to go around Rome and find inspiration." Roxie kissed him and rested her head on his shoulder.

Xander was livid when she'd told him about her ex cheating on her. That was the lowest of the low when you made a commitment, you stuck with it. He was happy she divorced the idiot because if he had met her while married, he would have run off with her.

"What time will it be when we land?" Her question broke through his thoughts.

"Close to ten, by the time we get off and into the waiting car."

"Can I get a shower before we go shopping?"

"Anything you want, this entire week is about you and me making a connection." He kissed her again, this time adding tongue. They kissed until the plane landed and parked.

Leave your thoughts and comments! Don't forget to vote!