13

Roxie walked into the penthouse suite of The Austin Luxury Hotel and stared in awe. There was a vast lounge area, with a fireplace, and a massive TV. The suite had four bedrooms, a compact kitchen with nicer appliances than her apartment.

"Come, the master bedroom is here," Xander said, pointing toward the left where only one door stood.

"The nice shower with the waterfall head is through here." She smiled, his hair looked so sexy tussled from their nap on the plane and the sex they'd had. She laughed, and Xander gave her a confused look.

"I just realized I've joined the mile-high club, and it was the best sex I've ever had," Roxie explained, giggling as Xander smirked.

"Seems I've joined the club too, and the sex was the best I've ever had too. You are truly my mate."

"It will only get better; you haven't seen all my talents yet." Roxie winked and walked into the bathroom. There were a spacious shower and a jacuzzi big enough for multiple people. All surfaces gleaned from the chrome fixtures and sparkling white counters.

"This is beautiful, how many hotels do your parents own?" she asked, stripping out of her clothes, feeling comfortable around him.

"Close to a hundred Austin Luxury hotels, but they own a ton more under different brand names." Xander joined her in taking off his clothes and turned on the shower.

"How come you didn't get into hotels?" She stepped into the shower and bit back a moan as the hot water hit her aching muscles.

"Dragons can live hundreds of years, as long as they aren't killed or contract an incurable disease. There wasn't anything for me to inherit since they don't die out quickly. I decided to go into something else entirely." Xander joined her under the spray, wrapping his arms around her.

"But I'm human, won't I die long before you?" She turned around, worried about how he would be if they mated and she died.

"Part of the mating ritual is me biting you and then we make a blood pact."

"What is a blood pact?" She reached for the loofah and soaped it up, starting at his chest and working her way around his back.

"We each make a cut on our wrists and exchange blood. This will give you the ability to become a dragon and live alongside me eternally." She stopped and gaped at him.

"You mean, I can become a dragon if we mate?"

"Yes, dragons are rare, and to preserve our race, we've adapted to taking human mates. The downside is when one mate dies, the other will live a loveless life. There are no second mates. A dragon named Maximillian Da Vinci, no relation to Leonardo, he discovered a way to change a mate. This change can only happen with a true mate, so people haven't tried to capture a dragon to change others," Xander explained.

"This is the oddest conversation I've had in a shower," Roxie laughed, leaning up to kiss him.

"I didn't plan on having this conversation here, but it came up." Xander shrugged and took the loofah from her. He put the unscented body wash on it and started to scrub her down.

"Well you've given me a lot to think about this week." Roxie bit back a moan as his hands massaged her breasts. Did she want to become a dragon? How would that change her life? Was Xander worth the risk? These thoughts swirled around in her head until Xander said,

"I want to taste you again." He backed her against the cool shower wall, kneeling. He lifted one of her legs over his shoulder and went to work on her pussy. His tongue teased her clit, and she screamed from the jolt of desire racing through her.