18

Xander waited on her bed, he didn't want to push her into showing him, but he was anxious.

"I did a day in Rome. The paintings start at the crack of dawn over the Colosseum and end at night with our stop at the Trevi Fountain. I've managed four so far, I'm working on sunset over the pantheon. I made the Trevi Fountain first, our moment there was the moment I realized I loved you." Roxie blushed turning around the four completed paintings. His words stuck in his throat, and he had to swallow to get his voice back.

"You love me?"

"Very much."

"I love you too, I've been afraid you'd think I was going too fast after only two weeks together." He stood and crushed her mouth in a searing kiss. He couldn't believe this beautiful curvy goddess loved him!

"I love you and after my family dinner, I am going to make you mine," he whispered, loving her shiver at his words.

"I can't wait." She nipped at his bottom lip, and he almost lost his resolve to wait.

"Let me get a good look, how many more are you making?" He knelt and took in each one, he could see the long hours she was putting in.

"I have three more to go, but I am keeping the Trevi Fountain, it means too much to me."

"How many hours have you slept this week?" He looked at the dark circles under her eyes with worry.

"Every night I spent at your house in White Valley."

"So out of the seven days we've been back, you've slept four nights?" Xander sighed, once the showcase was over he knew she'd sleep more.

"Promise you'll keep to just painting during the days once we mate?" He knew he was asking a lot from her, but he knew he wouldn't sleep without her once mated.

"I have time during the day now that I don't have to work." She smiled and kissed his cheek.

"You are truly talented. I cannot wait to show you off. If you want, we have about an hour until dinner you can use to paint." He saw the delight in her eyes before she said,

"Come get me fifteen minutes before we go."

"Can do my love." Xander gave her a kiss and went to work answering emails on his phone in the kitchen area.

Leave your thoughts and don't forget to vote!