"I Really miss work, running into the fire"

Maya's POV

About 2 hours later a nurse brought Andy to our room. she was still unconscious but she was doing fine. They said sometime in the next 30 minutes-ish she would wake up. It had been several hours since my own surgery but Jack was still hovering. He still felt bad for not being here when I left for surgery. It didn't bother me, I think it bothered me more that I wasn't there. I really miss work, running into the fire.

I watched as Andy began to wake up.

" Jack will you help me into that chair please," I asked using my best puppy dog eyes

"sure" Jack replied hesitantly. I think he's scared he's gonna break me or something. he carefully lifted me up and put me in the chair next to andy bed.

"Hey," Andy said

"How are you feeling?" I asked

"Pretty Good, legs a little sore" she responded

We talk for s little while be she revealed her cast. The cast was the same length as mine. It was red and orange.

Jacks POV

After Andy woke up she and Maya talked for a while. I'm pretty sure they forgot everyone else was in the room. I decided I was going to try and get an update on Emmy.

"Hey Vic, I gonna try and get an update on the little girl we brought in. Would you like to come with me" I asked

"Yah" Vic replied

We walked down to the ER to see if there was an update. They said she was okay, but if we wanted more information we would have to talk to her parents since she is a minor. Her parents gladly updated us on her condition. They said she had been asking if she would see us. Her parents walked us to her room.

"Jack and Vic" she yells excitedly

"How are you felling Emmy?" Vic asked

"Good I got this super cool cast," she said pointing to a hot pink cast covering her leg.

"You know we have some friends who a cast just like yours" I replied

"Where are they?" She asked

"They have room in the hospital" I answered,

" what happened to them?"

"They got in a crash, but they'll be okay," I said

"Can I meet them?" She asked

"That up to your parents," I said

" please," she said using puppies eye at her parents

"Sure," her mom said

A few minutes later a nurse brought in a wheelchair for her. I lifted her into the wheelchair and pushed her towards Andy and Maya's room.

Vic's POV

Jack pushed Emmy and I walked with her parents. They were really nice. When we first started talking to them they worked Thank You into every sentence. When we got into the Maya and Andy's room Maya was back in her bed, but she and Andy were still talking up a storm.

"Who is this?" Maya asked and Jack and Emmy walked in

" I'm Emmy," she said before Jack could introduce her

"I'm Andy and this is Maya" Andy replied pointing to Maya

"Hi," Emmy said eagerly