"I would propose"

Jack's POV

Maya is the kind of person you become friends with first. And when you become more than friends you never see it coming. She cares, even when you ask her not to. In fact, that's when she cares the most. She's confident, funny, and really smart. I never thought that considering mine and Andy's history she would date me. I never thought she would love me or let me love her. But that night, of the crash I laid with her after her surgery. She was really out of it but I laid next to her. And as she started to fall asleep I said "I love you" I didn't think she could hear me but she whispered back"I love you too". I knew right then that this moment was coming. 

I know I wanted to ask her but I didn't know-how. I felt that Andy had to be there. Mainly because Andy was her best friend, but also because I knew Maya and I knew she would look to andy for approval. What Me and Andy had was complicated. but we're different people now and I know that we weren't meant for each other. Me and Maya on the other our love for each other didn't come out of a rebellion like mine and Andys. we came to love each other wale trying not to, that how I knew it was real. 

I decided two days ago when I was in the building collapse that if I made it out I would propose to Maya.