6- The Raft

"Where are you taking us?" Clint asked Tony as we were being taken into custody.

"A CIA facility, downtown Berlin." Tony said to him, and after that I'm going to see my friend that you guys paralyzed.

I scoffed.

"Is something funny?" Tony growled at me.

"Last I checked Vision hurt Rhodey." Clint said. "Which we all are sorry for but you do not understand what is going on."

"Shut him up." Tony said to one of the guards who slapped a piece of tape around my mouth.

***
"Wanda Maximoff. Sam Wilson. Clint Barton. Scott Lang. You are all being prosecuted for any super powered persons activating on their own without permission from the government." Thunderbolt Ross spoke as he approached me. "And who are you?" He asked pulling my hood back.

"Carter Cole." A identification scanner spoke as it scanned across my face.

Tony hadn't even bothered showing up because he didn't want to face Ross without Bucky and Steve.

"I can't wait until you need us and we don't show up." I spit at Ross. "You need Captain America."

"You'll never show up anywhere ever again." Ross said in my face. "You guys are being transferred to the Raft Super max prison for dangerous enhanced individuals in a secure location under the ocean."

"You're going to pay for this." I promised him.

"Unlikely."

***
We were put into light blue prison scrubs before we were escorted onto a Quinjet. Power dampening collars were strapped around our necks as we rode in silence with two guards and Ross watching us.

I made eye contact with Clint. We were at the very front of the passenger bay out of earshot of Ross and the guards.

"He's going to come for us." I whispered to Clint.

"Did he tell you that?"

I shook my head and didn't say anything.

"Then how do you know?" Clint whispered back to me.

"Because I just do."

The Quinjet rocked through the violent storm. I had never heard of this "Raft" prison but it sounded bad enough to worry me to the core.

I looked over at Wanda who sat next to me shaking. They had wrapped the top half of her body so that her hands were strapped to her sides. It was cruel, she was a hero and she stood up for something she believed in. A few tears rolled down her face before she turned to look at me clearly terrified. She was just a kid, only a year younger than me but she was still a kid.

I reached out and tapped her hand. Her hand twitched as she placed her hand in mine and squeezed it tightly.

***
A helicopter landed on the platform and the entrance to the Raft closed above it.

Ross approached the helicopter as Tony stepped out of it.

"So? You got the files?" Tony asked. "Let's reroute the satellites, start facial scanning for this Zemo guy.

"You seriously think I'm going to listen to you after that fiasco in Leipzig?" Ross asked him. "You're lucky you're not in one of those cells."

Ross and Tony walked through the prison towards the cell areas. As they passed Tony glanced at one of the surveillance cameras where he saw Wanda tied up like she was in a mental hospital. He was disgusted.

Tony walked into the cell room by himself and stood amongst the people he had just placed in here.

Slow clapping emerged from the further most cell where Clint was crouching between his bed and the ground.

"The futurist gentlemen!" Clint yelled.

Sam, Carter, and Lang all made their way to the front of their cells except Wanda who was unable to do so.

"the futurist is here. He sees all, he knows what's best for you whether you like it or not." He said through the bars.

Tony turned to him. "Give me a break Barton. I had no idea they'd put you here. Come on."

"Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere Tony."

"Yeah but not some super max ocean pokey. This is a place for maniacs. This is a place for..."

"Criminals." Clint said cutting him off. "Criminals, Tony. Think that's the word you're looking for. Right? That didn't used to mean me. Or Sam, Wanda, Lang, Carter. But here we are." Clint said to him before turning around.

"Because you broke the law." Tony shook his head. "I didn't make you. You read it, you broke it. You're all grown up, you got a wife, and kids. I don't understand why didn't you think about them before you chose the wrong side."

Clint spun back around and Tony walked away.

"You better watch your back with this guy. There's a chance he's going to break it." Clint said smacking the metal cell.

"Hank Pym always said you never can trust a Stark." Lang said as Tony walked by.

"Who are you?" Tony asked him.

"Come on man." Lang complained.

Tony looked at Carter as he walked past Carter's cell. "I had hopes for you kid." He said to Carter.

"I used to look up to you, you know that. Turns out you'd rather join the winning team than fight a losing battle with your family." Carter said to him.

Tony's face fell for a second, hurt. Carter pressed on.

"Remember that kid that helped you in Tennessee. I wonder how he's going to feel when he sees you locking up a bunch of heroes he looks up to." Carter said to him before heading back to his bed.

"How's Rhodes?" Sam asked him as Tony approached his cell.

"They're flying him to Columbia Medical tomorrow so, fingers crossed." Tony answered. "What do you need, they feed you yet?"

"You're the good cop now?" Sam asked crossing his arms.

"I'm just the guy who needs to know where Steve went." Tony said to him.

"Well you better go bad cop because you're going to have to go Mark Fuhrman on my ass to get information out of me.

Tony began rapidly clicking his watch. Before he pressed both sides.

"Well, I just knocked the A out of their AV. We got about thirty seconds before they realize it's not their equipment. Just look." Tony said pulling up pictures of the dead man. "Because that is the man who was supposed to interrogate Barnes. Clearly, I made a mistake. Sam, I was wrong."

"That's a first." Sam muttered.

"Cap is definitely off the reservation but he's about to need all the help he can get. We don't know each other very well..."

"Hey, it's all right." Sam said. "I'll tell you but you have to go alone and as a friend."

"Easy."