24- Vormir

Vormir

Clint and Natasha stood looking out at the barren planet.

"Wow." Clint whispered. "Under different circumstances. This would be totally awesome."

The two landed the ship and trekked across the planets desert towards the large mountain temple on the horizon.

They walked the path to the giant spires at the top of the mountain.

"I bet the raccoon didn't have to climb a mountain." Natasha complained.

"Technically, he's not a raccoon." Clint pointed out.

"Oh, whatever. He eats garbage."

"Welcome." A voice echoed causing Natasha to pull out her pistol as Clint drew his sword.

A cloaked man gently levitated in front of the pair.

"Natasha, daughter of Ivan." The man spoke. "Clint, son of Edith."

"Who are you?" Natasha asked spooked.

"Consider me a guide. To you. And to all who seek the Soul Stone."

"Oh good, you tell us where it is and we'll be on our way." She said to him.

The man spoke German as the man came into view revealing the Red Skull. "If only it were that easy."

Red Skull lead them to the edge of temple to the hundreds of meters drop to the ground.

"What you seek lies in front of you." Red Skull said. "As does what you fear."

Natasha looked odd the edge. "The stones down there."

"For one of you... for the other, in order to take the Stone you must lose that which you love." Red Skull mysteriously to them. "An everlasting exchange. A soul for a soul."

"How's it going?" Barton said chuckling at Red Skull as Natasha pondered her thoughts and the dead tree.

Barton walked over to her. "Jesus, maybe he's making this shit up."

"No." Natasha said to him. "I don't think so."

"Why? Cause he knows your daddy's name?"

"I didn't." Natasha said looking at him. "Thanos left here with the stone but without his daughter. That's not a coincidence."

"Yeah." Barton said looking out over the edge.

"Whatever it takes." Natasha whispered.

"Whatever it takes." Barton said back.

Natasha stood up and walked over to him.

"If we don't get that stone. Billions of people stay dead."

"Yeah."

They both looked out over the edge.

"Then I guess we both know who it's gotta be."