Chapter 18: The help

The world is strange and wonderful place.-Laurie Anderson

GISELLA

"But, Gisella, I thought you said that she is out of the country and her flight will be back before three?" Signora Jolanda questions with a confused face.

I wince. "Well, I think the plan has changed for the better, she arrived early. So I need an early afternoon leave," I say.

Nora, Tiz and Signora Jolanda furrow their eyebrows confusedly at me. "Ok, you can get an early leave now, prepare everything you need. Make sure to get all the details from her, Ok?" she says with her face still glue with surprise.

"Do you need me and Tiziana to go with you?" Leonora asks as her brows twitched.

with her question, I stiffen before rumbling out the rubbish. "I can go alone, she might not be too happy if we are much," I say.

Immediately, Tiz ran to me and hug me tightly making me stiffen. "Then I will hand over all the interview questions for you and print it, thank you very much," she looks really happy.

Leonora hugs me immediately Tiz let go of me. "Please feel free to ask us for help if you can't handle her rudeness when needed," she added.

"Isn't it too early to be happy? she hasn't even set her eyes on the Principessa yet," Signora Jolanda scold.

with this, I smiled and gave in a nod. "I'll leave now," I walked away.

***

she arrived at the fancy restaurant and to her widest surprise, Alessandro, Zeta, and Signore Nicolo were outside waiting for her.

"Buon pomeriggio signore, I hope I didn't keep you all waiting for so long?" She says boldly.

Alessandro and Zeta nod lightly at her. Nicolo was just staring at the floor with his walking cane in his possession.

"Signor Caruso," The middle age waiter who looks polish calls from the glass door and they all turned to look at him. "Your two guests are inside waiting for you, come in please," he added with his Italian accent that sounds like a combination of a southern drawl mixed with Italian.

Signore Nicolo nods at him, and told Zeta and Alessandro to wait at the other side of the restaurant, he told Gisella to assist him in his direction.

she nods and held his arm to walk. "This way, please" The waiter who his name tag reflects Magnus says, as he made gestures with his hand towards a closed door that he later on opened for them to go in.

Gisella stiffens at the door as she came face to face with the Principessa, royal blood and his ruthless assistant Bartholomew Pagruso is a handsome man. she thoughts.

"Long time no see, Nico. what is the occasion that made you think about treating us today?" she giggles as she stands up from her sitting position

Did she just call Signore Nicolo, Nico? she thoughts. and she talks to him in an informal way, not in a princess style. Did they by any chance know each other?

Signore cleared his throat. "Must there be an occasion to treat you? hmm, Ferocious anta," he said with a smirk to his corner lip.

"Ugh, C'mon Nico, you're are still very well annoying. You still call me that?" she flames up wincing like a child.

Oh my goodness, I think they know each other very well. Nico? ferocious anta?

She looks at Gisella and stands properly, her dark black hair tightened up in a ballerina bun and her stylish princess suit. she walks closer to the confused Gisella and halts three inches closer to her face, looking at her as if she was searching for something suspicious.