Chapter 33: The Flamboyant

"Why isn't she here yet? " Leonora looks around searching for Team leader Conte. "This is weird," she added.

"Leonora, what are you doing?" Signora Jolanda questions the startled Nora from behind her.

She fake a smile. "N...nothing, Signora." she lies.

Signora Jolanda raised a confused eyebrow at her. "Have you by any chance seen Team leader Conte this morning? I have something to talk to her about." she frowns. "This is weird, she never comes late. Did something happened to her?"

With hearing this concern from Signora Jolanda, Nora gave in a sheepish grin. "What can happen? perhaps she is feeling guilty of something she had done."

Jolanda furrows her eyes at Nora as she hits her shoulder dramatically. "You're always fond of saying rubbish. Go and do your work."

Leonora grimace. "Yes, Team leader."

Gisella carried the coffee mug on her tray. She sips from her cup, immediately she turns around, she came in contact with Bianca Conte who has bruises all over her face and she was soaking wet as her hair drips water down to her bag and shoes.

Gisella musters a shocked expression. "Team leader Conte, what happened to you, why you look so disheveled?"

Bianca groans in rage, raising her arm to slap Gisella. "You sluty rag, how dare you!"

But Gisella gets hold of her hand, hanging it up high with her arm. "Team leader, Why so angry? do I sound dishonored towards you? or am I making you dishearten?"

Bianca jerks her arm away from Gisella's hold as her face filled with shock. The look on her face left her feeling disgruntled. "Stop pretending! you are behind what happened this morning right? you did what I have done to you back on me? Are you tired of life? do you want to die? Gisella Molinero!" she yells angrily.

Gisella looks at her in a disembodied way as if not knowing what Bianca is talking about so she fake a stunned face filled with surprise. "Team leader, what are you talking about? what did you do to me?"

She grasps in disharmony. "You..."

Gisella smiles purely at her. "Even Team leader Conte herself can't say it out. You must be mistaken so you came to me," she pours salt on her injury. "You know that today's work is important, I will advise you to make excuse and go home to rest before coming back to work," she added with all glory in her meek voice.

Gisella turns to walk past her but she grabs her hand in which she was holding her cup of coffee. Gisella looks deep in Bianca's eyes then throws the hot coffee on her dress which she knew that it will scald her skin. "Ah... " she screams in pain. "You slutty bitch, you've scalded my skin," she added.

She elucidates. "Oh, my goodness. Team leader Conte, I am so sorry why did you pull me out unnoticed? I wasn't paying attention,"

Bianca groans. "Get lost!" she pushes Gisella hard on the floor.

Gisella notices that everyone has gathered round to see what the fuss is all about. So she played along. "Team leader Conte, You're becoming too much." her voice winces.

Bianca is now furious with Gisella. "What did you say?"

Gisella smirks a little and put s the act back on. "You're a Team Leader, I am just a junior publisher. You've been targeting me since I join this company for no reason. Even when I try to get in your good shoes, you still end up pushing me out. I accidentally poured my coffee on you, I wanted to wipe it for you but you push me down," her sonorous voice deepened as if to cry.

"I saw everything that happened. It was Team leader Conte that attacked her first and didn't want to let her go." One of the publishers defends.

"Coffee wasn't even hot. She is just pretending that it scalded her. So dramatic." Another person added.