Messy Wolf

Megan POV:

after walking around the room finding new things, boxes, and shiny materials I heard a light knock on the door.

 I jumped at the sound and growled and backed under the bed, "miss? I have brought your meal" A female voice called from the other side of the door. I kept quiet and only my eyes peered out from under the dark green bed sheets accented with gold designs. 

I watched as the door slightly creaked open and a small woman wearing black and white garments walked in holding a tray of food. She walked in looking down then looked up and her eyes widened "Oh my.." she muttered as she looked to the feathered floor.

I, however, held my silence my breathing barely even audible, I watched as she quickly set the tray down on the desk I had previously been at "Miss?" she called but I stayed stiff.

 It was a technique from the forest, I have no quarrel with this creature so they should have nothing with me. 

"miss are you here?" She called looking around nervously, she silently sighed looked to the tray of foods then fled the room shutting the door behind her. I heard her small footsteps fade into the distance of the long hall and I pushed myself off of the ground.

 I stood to my feet and sniffed over to the tray of freshly laid out foods, there was an assortment of berries and some sort of bread accompanied by a sort of pastry. I looked at it curiously and picked up one of the berries in between my fingers, I tossed it into my mouth but spat it out shortly after "yuck" I muttered.

This was nothing like the meat I usually ate raw, I took the bread next but it just tasted bland and not to my liking. We had nothing like this in the forest I find it difficult to understand why serpents and merfolk would brag so much about trying such things I could only assume what I was eating had the names correct to the rumors.

 I gave up on the idea of the 'pastry' thing because it would just taste all the same, disgusting. I huffed in annoyance at my growling stomach but trodded back over to the 'bed' and grabbed the sheets that covered it.

Just a few moments ago I had heard maids bicker not too far from my door about sheets on a bed so I could only assume that was what these long silky flat things were. I pulled them off and shredded them slightly making the perfect bedding. I trotted back over to the desk and piled the sheets underneath the leg space to make a comfortable shelter to sleep under.

It felt like home In a way, except it wasn't. The familiar smell of fresh air and clean grass was torn from me, I missed my family, my friends, the food, space.

 I fought back a sob as I heard footsteps approach the door, I huddled all of the torn sheets and hid beneath them. I heard a muffled speech of two people one of Prince Loki whom I had overheard the name of on multiple occasions and the other of the maid I am assuming as well.

"Prince Loki, please see for yourself," she rushed out, I heard his huff as the door handles turned and Loki stepped in.

Loki POV:

I was trying to tell the maid that there was nothing to worry about but she kept insisting that I venture back to my chambers with her. With an exhale, I closed my book expecting no good reason to have to return to my chambers after I had only just left them. 

"Prince Loki, Please see for yourself" She rushed out and I huffed in annoyance. "very well" I muttered and pushed open the doors.

The room was atrocious, white feathers from torn cushions were strewn over the familiar marble floor. 

Torn bed sheet remains were leading toward the under half of my desk into a ball-like form.

 I looked over to see the bathroom door open and fractures littered across the large mirror just above the sink. I glanced over to see the food the maid had left only eaten and spat out again, quite clearly disliked.

 "What is the meaning of this?" I bellowed in frustration "my Prince, upon arrival with food I found your room in this way. I have not heard or seen of her" The maid next to me said her head downwards. 

"Alright thank you" I exclaimed trying calming myself down, I did my best to compose myself and turn to the maid "you are excused," I stated firmly and she nodded quickly and fluttered down the hallway out of sight. I sighed and rubbed my fingers against the bridge of my nose "we have rules here" I said out loud and only heard a faint whimper, and It made my heart shatter.

I looked around for her onto the realize she was beneath the torn sheets shaking slightly, I went to approach her and crouched but thought otherwise on reaching out remembering the last encounter I had with her. I could only see her tail sticking out from the mess but sighed in defeat "I will have this mess cleaned up" I murmured and stood up properly then walked over to a small microphone I had linked to my room. 

I pressed the button and ordered a servant to do their best to tidy the mess quickly.