through the forest we meet an ally

"You know, I still never caught your name" Loki trailed off after we had begun our Trott through the lush green forests of Asgards perimeter, "It's Megan, but those I trust call me Vixen" I gave away as we trotted along. I wasn't sure, why, perhaps it was my resolve to give in now that I didn't see a viable escape option. I really was to wed this man and yet I knew his name and he did not know mine. It seems only fair now.

 "may I call you Vixen?" he faltered side glancing at me as we rode our steads next to one another slowly.

"no." 

I could practically feel his frown at my words but I stared onward trying to suppress a rising smile.

It was a strange experience sitting up this high slightly jolting as the large stead below me trotted through branches and fallen leaves with ease. The light bellowed down through the trees causing a faint light to shine through the woodland scene reminding me of home. I closed my eyes trusting Chaos to lead me as I inhaled the earthy scent. 

As if reading my mind Loki spoke "reminds you of home?" he guessed.

 "yes" I lamented opening my eyes toying with Chao's mane between my fingers uncurling the few knots I found. "You miss it" Loki stated,  "I don't think I ever won't" I pondered.

He then sighed, he was about to open his mouth to say something more when I picked up on leaves crunching further in front of us. My ears twitched at the sound and I recognized a faint panting, "what is it?" Loki asked stopping next to Chaos "sh" I scolded turning my head looking for the direction of the sound. 

"wait here" I told Loki firmly as I hopped off of Chaos "where are you going? it is not safe" He chided "just... trust me" I said with firm persistence staring him straight in the eyes. He sighed and looked forward "go then" he accepted and I nodded shifting into my large brown wolf form and darting off forward not looking back determined to ease my suspicions.

I picked up on a familiar scent and trailed it through the wood line quickly, I heard a low growl to the right of me and just as I went to look over a large familiar grey and white toned wolf pounced on me pinning me down. "Snow?!" I grunted out "Vixen?" she questioned her eyes wide and her ears perked and forward in surprise "what are you- how are you?" I couldn't put any thoughts out "I followed you through the portal before it closed but I ended up elsewhere! where are we?" she asked frantically removing herself from over me.

 "Snow?!" I grunted out "Vixen?" she questioned her eyes wide and her ears perked and forward in surprise "what are you- how are you?" I couldn't put any thoughts out "I followed you through the portal before it closed but I ended up elsewhere! wh...

"We are in Asgard!" I informed her and her expression became even more shocked "you mean in the land of those traitors?!" she demanded angrily "Snow, calm yourself" I barked "calm?! where have you been!" she growled angrily. 

"Snow they captured me and they set up a death sentence for me, but I managed to get into an arranged marriage which would protect me" I assured "you mean you would leave us for a traitor?!" she fumed. 

"It's not like that! I had no choice there is no way out of here Snow! I thought I'd never get back home!" I glowered, "you can't be found snow, someone will kill you! it's too dangerous you must stay hidden" I rushed out. 

"I've been looking for you everywhere and then I find out you to be married to some Asgardian!? Do you know nothing of what we have learned?" she snapped her jaw "Snow. I didn't have much of a choice" I stormed my ears pressing against my head in guilt as I huffed through my nose. Does she not see? did she think I wanted to wed an Asgardian? a member of the kind that locked away our species in a realm that is hidden?

"oh of course not" she continued sarcastically "please just... stay hidden" I fretted knowing attention would be drawn back into the forest with all the commotion, The last thing I would want to happen would be for snow to be killed out here.

"where are you going?" she sneered her eyes narrowing "back to the palace before i draw attention to you, I don't want you killed" Turning away lowering my ears and darting back through the trees

"where are you going?" she sneered her eyes narrowing "back to the palace before i draw attention to you, I don't want you killed" Turning away lowering my ears and darting back through the trees. I'll have to do something.

A few tears slipped past my cheeks but I ran all the way back to see a concerned Loki. Thankfully he didn't see me right away so I slipped behind a nearby tree and shifted, I wiped my eyes quickly doing my best to grasp my composure so he wouldn't question anything.

When I came out I pretended to be panting as I walked up to Chaos "see anything?" he asked raising a brow in question and I shook my head "just a bird" I shrugged pushing myself up as we resumed deciding it was time to leave.

I looked back once as Loki galloped a bit ahead of me and saw Snow watching on from in the shrubbery "I'm sorry" I mouthed and we left the forest.  We both dismounted as soon as the clearing came into view and I lead Chaos back into his large empty paddock free to roam as he decided to eat and Loki lead Mischief back to his rightful stall.

We both made our way back into the palace and headed for his chambers and I lay down under my desk in wolf form with a huff rethinking everything. 

She had been here the whole time and now she could risk being caught and there was very little change an arranged marriage opportunity would just happen to come up again. Loki told me he was going to catch up on a bit of reading and leave me to my thoughts for a while which I was very thankful for. 

I was tired but my thoughts kept consuming me, should I leave Snow? but what if she got caught? Asgard's forests are deep and wide span, right? she didn't know it was Asgard so maybe she didn't cover outside of the forest? I couldn't tell Loki, I mean I, could trust him... well... sort of. But what if someone else found out about her? I couldn't run that risk. I will sneak out tonight and discuss with her what to do.

I hadn't really considered sneaking out due to the heavy security but maybe if I conjured an excuse? no, they don't trust me so why would they believe me? oh, I am so doomed, I only have one other option.

Ask Loki.

Eventually, night fell, as it was only late noon when we returned from riding, I bathed before Loki returned as a maid fitted me into another dress. The dress was a pale nearly white pink gown that reached the floor. It hung loosely around my figure when I was used to the more fitted clothing, but now as it was decorated with gold leaves and flakes. I had to admit it was quite the sight to see but I allowed Feya to slip it on me while Loki waited just outside the chamber doors.