She wouldn't leave I know she wouldn't

Loki POV: 

I left her to herself in my chambers as the maids were to arrive in a moment to tend to her garment, I left the room to go to another where I had other servants tend to my armor fitting and helmet. Father was in the throne room with other servants preparing the halls for the ceremony that would take place in an hour or so. 

I shook the thoughts of her leaving, it was only a feeble lie just to put off this Snow wolf she knew of. I had nothing to fret over. Yet it still managed to irk me. Servants came in shortly after I had bathed and began piecing and fitting new threads, I stood patiently as another came and handed me my helmet.

It had been polished as I had requested and I fit it on as the last piece of my armor was attached, I heard my mother's dainty footsteps approaching down the hall to the room I was in and she entered in with a smile.

"Loki dear you look very dashing" she commented embracing me as I returned it and thanked her, "Do not be so nervous my child, everything will be alright" she placed a comforting hand against my cheek. 

"I see the way you gaze at her, I know you are doing this more than just for her security" she whispered taking her hand away from my cheek "I know not of what you speak of mother" I hardened my tone. She sniggered gingerly "of course not dear" her voice was laced with sarcasm as I avoided her eyes hardening them on the wall behind her.

"How is she?" I ventured to ask "she is doing well enough, however, she did nick one of the maids when they tightened the dress a bit too much around her waist" her brows creased ever so slightly as I suppressed a smirk at the thought. I could only imagine the shock on one of the maid's faces as she became vexed by the unfamiliar garment. 

"how do you fare?" mother quizzed me shortly after "aside from trepidatious, uncertain" I replied and she narrowed her eyes in confusion at me "why unsure?" she peeped and as I was about to open my mouth to reply a guard opened the door and stepped in.

"My prince, All mother, my apologies, the service is to ensue and you have been requested by the all-father to attend immediately," he informed us with a bow "thank you, you are dismissed," I concluded and he nodded firmly resuming his post just outside of the door. 

I looked down at mother "do not fret" she tried reassuringly and with a  curt nod, I left the room and down the corridor to the large golden hall trying to control my raging emotions.

Thousands of people flooded the large golden hall, surrounding the pillars holding the building up, no pressure, I thought idiotically, onlookers cheered me on as I kept a steady pace down the path lined with golden patterns

Thousands of people flooded the large golden hall, surrounding the pillars holding the building up, no pressure, I thought idiotically, onlookers cheered me on as I kept a steady pace down the path lined with golden patterns. The crowd roared from every angle and I enjoyed basking in the attention.

It felt great, the praise, it felt deserved and so right. I made it to the end in good time standing before father I bowed slightly before taking the left side of the platform to wait for her. 

My golden armor glinted in the light as the horns protruded from my head making me feel proud and righteous, I glanced around the room to see most eyes trained on me so I kept a strong stance.

Not a few moments later the crowd erupted into a flurry of cheers again which caused my attention to pull to the path I had previously trailed down, There Megan began to gracefully walk down the path with her hand in my mother's elbow. 

Her hair in a bun atop her head braided and crafted neatly with two strands falling down either side of her rosy cheeks. her small brown ears stuck out between her dark chocolaty hair shade as they twitched and I noticed she had fought to keep them upright. I could only assume the noise was overwhelming.

Her dress glinted from the rays of light above as a floral design flowed from the top half of her dress cascading down the flowing bottom half. It was in shades of rose which contrasted well with her deep brown hair and golden eyes. 

The dress flowed below her feet and just flittered above the floor as she walked with my other smiling in her golden and mix of greenish-yellow drape. Her familiar sandy hair up done into intricate coils upon her head as she smiled at me warmly. 

upon approaching mother let go of Megan's hand as she stood behind her a little distance away, I mustered a smile as I gazed into Megan's entrancing golden eyes that sparkled with a new sense of nervousness

She crookedly returned the smile and fiddled with her hands nervously, I gently caressed her hands in mine and her ears flattened and she peered up at me, Odin stood between us both a short distance from our hands with his scepter in hand and began to speak. 

"We gather here today to betroth the two before me! my son Loki, and Megan, in this oath you shall vow to protect each other, care for each other, and lend a hand to one another." he paused looking to me almost pleading for me to speak against the betrothal.

"Do you my son, Loki, my son, take-" He stopped for a moment and a forced look crossed his face as he forced out her name which made my blood boil

 "-Megan to care for, ensure the safety of and cherish for the rest of your days?" He grunted out a  and I mustered up all the courage I could to say,

"I do."

He then turned to her with more of a glare "and do you Megan take my son Loki to care for, protect, keep safe, and leave unharmed and cherish for the rest of your days?" He snarled a little bit more unhappy with the arrangement, she narrowed her eyes at him looking from him to me, then to the floor.

"I do" came the soft reply from her lips barely audible.

I wasn't sure how she felt and I wanted to know, but there was no turning back now, she did seem hesitant as if nothing we had bonded or learned about each other was there to even form a slight connection. I knew we had an argument last night but if either of us couldn't trust one another it would be me not trusting her.

"then commence the exchange of rings" Father boomed and a guard approached clutching a small pillow kneeling between us both holding the pillow that held two small golden rings.

I carefully let go of her hands and picked up one of the rings from the pillow and slipped it onto her ring finger carefully. I had a moon carved into it especially and she smiled rubbing her finger over the engraving in the top, she then reached for mine and slipped it on my ring finger I noted that it was a snake shape which I smiled at knowing we had a say in one another's design for the creation of the rings. 

"You may lay your lips upon the bride" Father concluded unhappily, I heard a small whimper escape from Megan's lips as I bent down so I pecked her on the left side to cheek to make it appear as though I had properly kissed her. 

The crowd erupted into cheers as she kept her gaze on the ground. I frowned but said nothing of it deciding to hold my tongue for the moment.