Loki's side of things

Loki POV (while Megan was in Morkia)

I woke up and instantly brought my eyes to the bed to see it empty, few pushed to the side pooling over the edge of the bed. I glanced at the bathroom door to see it wide open and I frowned, it wasn't like her to leave the room. 

I had had no notice of anyone visiting to take her anywhere and she wasn't one to just wander through the palace without my company. 

I sat up quickly, now in a panic, could someone have taken her? how long was I asleep for? the thoughts raced through my mind as I rushed out of the room not caring about proper armor or my appearance.

 I burst through my mother's chamber doors and she turned around from adjusting something on her bedside table in shock.

"Loki dear I hadn't expected to see you till lat-" I cut her off in a flurry of questions "Have you seen her? she's not in the room, she doesn't wander off could she be hurt?" she quickly approached and cupped my face in her hands as I panted regaining my breath. 

"Loki, I will send the guards to search the palace calm yourself," she cooed soothingly and my heavy breathing ceased but my thoughts did not. I would not be alright until I saw her in front of me safe and well. 

Mother had done what she had promised and the guards were set on high alert much to their dismay, looking for Megan, Mother had promised not to alert father for he would not fair so well to the news of her absence. I searched the forests on Mischief racing through the trees calling out for her hoping to spot a brown-furred form dart past.

But unfortunately, there wasn't even a hint of one, my thoughts were taking more turns for the worse as I hurried through the village nearby asking questions to any passersby. I didn't have time for all the formalities of "my prince" or "your highness" it wasn't important so I hurried them on but no one had seen her. 

The guards who had been searching around found two deceased guards near the front gates, both killed from snapped necks, splayed out over the steps to the golden gates. 

Instantly my mind came to a flurry of thoughts remembering something of major importance and I stiffened.

she did it. 

she did what I stupidly thought she would not venture into doing. 

she left.

my heart was crumbling in my chest my thoughts sinking to its lowest point. She was gone. She had really just picked herself up and left

I had thought-i-mayb- no. She never felt anything for me. How stupid could I have been? falling for someone who hadn't even wanted to be here in the first place! no wonder she was so eager to leave, it was to get away from me. How could I have not seen how reluctant she was? maybe it was when I saw her for the first time I felt sympathy.

A longing to introduce her to a new land to new people, to get her to open up to people. to me.

As soon as I saw her on that floor of the throne room I felt drawn to her, that desire to hold her and comfort her as if she had gone so long without it. I contemplated for so long what this feeling was it was more than a friendly affection more than a sisterly love it was more. it always had been to me. more. but now, now she was gone. 

She didn't feel the same way, or at least if she had, it wasn't clear and it must have been quite different from what I thought we had, for her to so easily leave without a second thought.

I stormed back to Mischief and my mother readied herself on her own tan brown stead Melody.  I had told her where I had assumed she would have gone and Heimdall could give us answers.